CHAPTER 14

Later that night, a bonfire was started, the campers gathering around it, Jason and Nate strumming their guitars.

Y/N and Shane stood off to the side, folding up the Camp Rock flag, Y/N staring at the ground sadly. "You know, I was thinking of keeping this as a souvenir." She says looking up at Shane smiling at him slightly.

"Can't believe we lost." Shane says, his hands in his pockets as Y/N sets the flag on a nearby table.

"Every song can't be hit," she says turning to face him. "Isn't that what you told me?"

Shane sighs, not saying anything causing Y/N to continue, "Doesn't mean we have to stop singing."

Shane nods his head in agreement making Y/N sigh, "Look, I'm really sorry I didn't get to spend time with you this summer."

"Hey," he says stepping closer to her, "The whole reason I came—."

"Was to spend time and get to know me better." Y/N interrupts him.

"And I did do that." He says reaching out to hold her hand. "I got to know everything about you, that I can say this with complete confidence," he starts before reaching out to hold her cheek, "I love you, Y/N Torres."

Y/N looks at him smiling, her cheek turning red underneath his hand. "You do?"

Shane nods leaning closer to her, his lips brushing against hers, "I do."

Y/N laughs happily, "I love you too, Shane Gray."

Shane smiles and leans forward connecting their lips together. They smile against each other's lips, before pulling away softly. Y/N grabs his hand and leads him over to an empty log by their friends. They take a seat next to each other as Nate strums his guitar.

"So let's sing na, na na na na, hey ya
C'mon and sing na, na na na na, hey ya
This is our song
That's all that matters cause
We all belong right here together
There's nothin' better
Than singing along
This is our summer
This is our song." Y/N and Shane sing holding each other's hands, looking at one another.

"Come grab your guitar
Sit by the fire
Cause we all need a song
When we're weary and tired." Nate and Caitlyn sing as the rest of the campers join the fire.

"We'll sit here
Together
And sing it out loud
This is our song
That's all that matters cause
We all belong right here together
There's nothin' better
Than singing along
This is our summer
And this is our song
This our song
This is our song
This is our song." Everyone sings before a little kid stands up looking at the lake confused.

"What's that?" He asks pointing to the lights on the water.

Everyone stands up to get a better look, seeing canoes making their way over. People come out of the woods, holding flashlights in their hands.

"Hi," Tess says stopping in front of the fire, "We saw the fire."

"We don't really get to do this kind of thing." Dana says, looking at Brown.

"We were wondering if there was room for some of us to join?"

Y/N looks at Shane smiling.

"There's always room," Brown announces with a smile.

"And," Tess says, "Brown if it's okay with you, I would really like to come back to Camp Rock next summer."

Brown smiles and motions his head for their guests to sit, "Come on."

"C'mon and sing na, na na na na, hey ya." Shane sings as Connie runs out from the mess hall, stopping a counselor, "Hey can I get some help inside? The phones are going crazy."

"Sure I'll help." He said following Connie.

A girl stops in front of Y/N and Shane saying, "I told my parents I wanted to come here instead next summer."

"C'mon and sing na, na na na na, hey ya." Caitlyn and Nate sing as two more girls walk up to the couple.

"Please, will you put us on the list?" One says, the other nodding in agreement. "This place is so much more fun."

"I'm sure we can work something out," Brown says overhearing them. Y/N smiles, knowing the camp won't have to close after all.

"C'mon and sing na, na na na na, hey ya
C'mon and sing na, na na na na, hey ya
This is our song
That's all that matters cause
We all belong right here together
There's nothin' better
Than singing along
This is our summer
This is our song

"That's all that matters cause
We all belong right here together
There's nothin' better
Than singing along
This is our summer
This is our song
This is our song
This is our song
This is our song." They finish clapping, as Shane pulls Y/N into a hug. Y/N turned to face her sister, wrapping her arms around her, smiling, amazed by how that one summer last year, changed her life for the better.