CHAPTER 3

Later that night, the Camp Rock campers all piled into boats and paddled across the lake to Camp Star. Y/N sat in a canoe with Caitlyn, while Shane went with Nate.

Paddling up to the dock, Y/N and Caitlyn stood up carefully, stepping out of the canoe onto the deck. Seeing Shane paddling to another deck a few feet from them, Y/N quickly said goodbye to Caitlyn before walking to meet Shane.

"Alright I got it." Nate said, taking the guitar case from Shane. He walks away, leaving Shane struggling to climb out of the boat. He stepped one foot on the deck, while his other was slowly going away from him, as the canoe moved backwards.

"I think we should add this to the uncool list." Nate says ignoring his brother's pleas seeing Y/N make her way over to Shane.

Y/N quickly grabbed onto Shane's arm, stopping him from falling into the lake.

"Thank you." Shane says relieved.

"See," Y/N remarks when Shane stood in front of her, "these are the type of things you can't learn over texting or calls."

"Maybe we should go back to that. It will be safer for me." Y/N just rolls her eyes with a smile,
grabbing his hand to pull him along behind her.

The two follow the crowd of campers headed towards the camp's theatre.

"Question," Shane announces, pulling Y/N's attention to him, "why don't you and I sneak away later tonight, so I can finally take you on our first date, Ms. Torres."

Y/N smiles at his idea, liking it. "I would love that very much, Mr Gray."

The two walk up the stairs, stopping when they see the sight before them. Camp Star's theatre was huge. The seating looked like it could fit hundreds, even thousands of people. Their stage was massive, 3x bigger than Camp Rock's.

"Wow," Y/N comments staring around her in awe.

"I know right," a voice says from Y/N's left. Y/N turned her head to see Tess standing next to her. "It's all I've been saying since I've got off the boat."

As she walks away, Y/N and Shane look at each other wondering if Brown was right for them not to have come.

Spotting her friends and Mitchie sitting in the audience, Y/N pulled Shane in their direction. She lets go of his hand, allowing him to sit next to his brothers, Y/N sitting next to him, behind Mitchie, at the end of the aisle. The couple reconnected their hands when they both were seated.

"Look," Ella states turning in her seat to show Y/N the scarf in her hand, "they have a wardrobe department with amazing fabric, and they let me make this." She pulls at it finding it stuck, "Uh oh, I think I sewed it to my bra."

Y/N laughs softly in response.

"So I thought," Mitchie starts front in front of Y/N, "this was suppose to be a campfire. You know singing, telling stories. And an actual fire."

A man walks on stage, calling for their attention, "Everybody have a seat." The audience claps as he waves to them. "I'm Axel Turner, and I'd like to welcome all you rockers and my dear old friend Brown Cessario."

Brown stands up from his seat from behind Y/N, waving to the crowd as they clap for him.

"Yeah Brown," Jason yells, his clothes soaking wet for some reason.

"To Camp Star," Axel continues. The Camp Star logo pops on the two screens behind him. "But you don't want to hear a speech from me. You want to get to the campfire is really all about. Singing."

"Hey," Ella says leaning forward to face Mitchie, "that's what you just said, you're twins."

Mitchies slightly smiles at her before turning back to face Axel on stage.