CHAPTER 13

The audience claps as the music starts, Georgina walking off stage.

During Camp Star's performance, the Camp Rock campers exchanged worried looks wondering if they could win this.

When they finish, the campers politely clap after watching Camp Star's performance, everyone feeling nervous that they were next.

"Camp Star, everyone!" Georgina announces, making the audience clap louder. "Remember if you loved them as much as I did, call or text in now but don't go anywhere because in a moment right here, it's Camp Rock."

Y/N walks away from the tv, going to nervously fix up her makeup. She turns to see Ella, putting on lipgloss. When Ella turns to look at her, Y/N's eyes widened, "What happened to you?"

Ella sighs, facing Y/N with jewels above her eyelashes, "When I get nervous I sparkle things."

Y/N laughs a little, shaking her head. She turns her head at a voice echoing from the hallway.

"Will you stop and listen to me?" Tess exclaims as her and Luke walk by their dressing room.

"Of course you want to hear you're voi—." Luke starts to say but was interrupted by Y/N.

"Hey," she says causing the two to face her, "you guys were incredible."

"I know, right." Luke says smugly, making Y/N and Tess roll their eyes at him. "Only one thing would have made it better. Doing a solo."

"I totally agree," Tess says staring at him with a snarl on her face. Luke rolls his eyes at her, walking away.

Tess turns back to her old friends, the snarl melting off her face, replaced with a sad smile. "It's this banter thing that we-." Tess tries to say but stops when she sees that they aren't believing her. "Thanks."

Y/N smiles at her causing Tess to smile back at her, "Good luck." Tess remarks before walking away.

..................................................

It was time for Camp Rock's performance. Y/N's, Mitchie's, Peggy's and Caitlyn's phone beeped in their hands seeing a number texted them.

"Why did I just get a message saying to vote for Camp Star?" Peggy says looking at her phone in confusion.

"I just got one too." Y/N and Mitchie say, following after Peggy.

"Um, it's asking me if I want to download Camp Star's song as my ringtone." Caitlyn says surprised, the rest of the Camp Rock campers following behind her, similar messages on their phones too.

The rockers quickly get into their positions, Shane and Y/N standing off to the side of the stage.

The audience cheers when Georgina climbs on stage, her hands in the air. "And we're back," she announces with the Camp Rock logo behind her on a screen. "If you liked Camp Star, get ready to be blown away by Camp Rock. Now Camp Rock was founded by rock icon, legendary guitarist, Brown Cessario." Brown stands up from his seat next to Connie, waving as the crowd cheers.

"You ready?" Shane asks looking down at Y/N beside him.

"Let's do this." She exclaims, a smile on her face, kissing his cheek before walking to her starting position, Shane doing the same.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Camp Rock." Georgina says before walking off the stage as the music starts. The audience claps to the beat.

"They say that life is a two-way street
When you're not sure.
You gotta trust your feet
To know the right way." Shane sings as a spotlight lands on him, up in the audience.

"You can keep on movin' with your head down
Or you can stop and take a look around.
And that's the choice I've made." Y/N sings going to meet Shane by the stairs leading down to the stage, walking down them together.

"It's for that movie inside your head.
Making memories we can't forget.
And when you can't forget
You're gonna know in your soul
This is what we came here for
So live it loud
Here and now
This moment, it won't be ignored." Shane and Y/N sing together as everyone else joins them on the stage, the video on the kid's camera playing on repeat behind them.

"So why not open up that door?
It's what we came here for.
For every song we let play outside
The melodies began to write
Every time we sing
Friends we've made, fun we've had
Memories gonna make me laugh
It's a beautiful thing
So beautiful

"I want to say it around the world
(All around the world)
'Cause everybody should feel this good.
'Cause when you feel this good
You're gonna know in your soul
This is what we came here for
So live it loud

"Here and now
This moment, it won't be ignored
So why not open up that door?
It's what we came here for
No
The fun's just getting started
Just celebrating where we are
And loving who we are
You're gonna know in your soul

"This is what we came here for
So live it loud
Here and now
This moment, it won't be ignored
You're gonna know in your soul
This is what we came here for
So live it loud (live it loud)
Here and now." They sing as, the beach balls that were ordered by accident, get thrown into the crowd, bouncing from hand to hand.

"This moment it won't be ignored
(It won't be ignored)
So why not open up that door (open up that door)
So come on open up that door
It's what we came here (oh yeah)
(Came here for)
That's what we came here
Came here for." Y/N and Shane sing as the screen behind the show the JRs surprising Jason with a guitar birdhouse, him turning to the camera, a wide smile on his face.

They raise their hands up as they finish, bowing as the audience claps for them, cheering. Y/N and Shane turn to each other smiling. Y/N pulls him into a hug, feeling him lift her off her feet, spinning her around making her laugh. When Shane sets her back on the ground they look back at the audience who was still cheering.

"Weren't they incredible!" Georgina states, walking back onto the stage. "Vote now and tell us which summer camp rules. And don't go anywhere, we'll be right back."

"Call in, call in!" Sander shouts causing everyone to pull out their phones, voting for Camp Rock. The audience types in their votes as everyone waits with bated breath, anxious to find out who the winner is.

After ten minutes of voting, Camp Star joins Camp Rock on the stage, standing next to them, waiting to find out who won. The audience cheers when Georgina steps onto the stage, an envelope in hand.

"The results are in." She states making Y/N reach out and hold Shane's and Mitchie's hands in her own as they stand on either side of her. As Georgina reads the name of the camp who won, Y/N's face falls, tears going down her face.

Camp Star cheers loudly from beside them, throwing their fists up in the air screaming. Shane brings Y/N into his chest, wrapping his arms around her, his head resting on hers as she softly cries into his chest. The Camp Rock campers politely clap for Camp Star's win, smiling sadly. Feeling a hand on her arm, Y/N removes her head from Shane's chest, seeing Tess standing there with a sad smile on her face. Y/N looks at her and looks back down to the ground, her tears falling off her cheeks, onto the floor by her feet.