Chapter Three: What is Feared

Maleficent, after some time, stepped into the light from the shadows she kept herself in.

"You saved me." She spoke as if asking a question, but reassured enough that she meant her words to be a statement.

"My name is Conall and don't mind Borra he's always like that."

The dark, almost mysterious fey reached an offered hand to her.

She politely declined with a nod of her head.

She may have thought of him as kind but that didn't mean she trusted him as easily.

Furthermore, she was still at awe with seeing her own kind. She thought she had been the only one.

Somehow...it was comforting to her.

"I'm Maleficent." She finally spoke, noticing Conall had been awaiting her introduction.

He then gave her a reassuring smile and drew back his hand.

"Let me show you who we Dark Fey are. Come."

He led Maleficent out of the nest, proceeding to fly above the land beneath the cave in which four different types of Dark Fey lived.

The tundra, wooded-forest, jungle, and the desert.

The wooded-forest was where Maleficent was from essentially, except for the fact that she had been born with a much more superior power unlike the others.

For Maleficent, seeing the younglings, the youth becoming adults, as well as the elders put such an overwhelming sensation in her heart.

She would gladly give the option of living here, where her kind roamed...where she could be herself without the shunning and disappointment of the fairies and humans.

Here was different.

She felt as if she belonged, still quite an outsider, but she was still one of them...a creature with horns and wings, a species that she had longed to be with.

Even if it was just one...she would be at peace to live here. Welcomed. Noticed without having to fear her. Respected.

———

Night soon fell upon them.

Many of the young were well asleep as the older and wiser stayed up for small chats by the fire.

After some time of staying in this place Maleficent felt a sudden dread, something terrible had gone wrong to the place she once guarded.

The place she called home...something wasn't right.

She then had a strong pull to go to the Moors, afraid...she dreaded...that something awful was at hand, if not already.

She was so keen on flying off that she did not notice that two other Fey had followed close behind, Conall and Borra.