Chapter Nine: Essence of Love

Maleficent's POV

After talking with Conall, shortly after, Diaval appeared.

"Good morning Mistress."

"Good morning." I waved my hand as I started to feel sleep set in.

I could barley keep my eyes from shutting as I looked his way.

"You look exhausted...Why don't you head in and sleep."

I gave a simple nod as I got up, a bit unbalanced.

"That's a grand idea." I put my hand to my head from a sudden rush of lightheaded-ness.

Diaval stepped toward me to offer help.

"Don't worry, I don't need help."

I immediately declined knowing I couldn't handle being flustered right now, even if the feeling would have been as gentle as a butterfly to my thoughts...my mind whirled too much to, really...deal with anything at the moment.

I would need at least a few more hours to tire it all away, to come back to rearrange them.

My emotions and thoughts were still a heaping mess.

Even if I knew what I truly wanted deep down.

Diaval's POV

As Maleficent went to rest I decided to take a look around the Dark Fey's living space.

It was quite amazing really, this was the first time I've seen anything like this.

Their land was truly a sight to behold.

After a few hours of wondering around on foot I became a bit hunger, and if fate would have it, the Dark Fey were serving around breakfast.

I was given a plate from one of the young female Fey, who were aiding in serving the food.

She smiled at me but I only nodded, thinking of if Mistress were here...she would of probably grown jealous.

As would I, if the same situation occurred upon her with another male.

But.

Still.

I felt I did not deserve to be by my Mistress's side.

I almost felt unworthy of her in a sense.

But my heart knew that she was the one I'd wish to spend the rest of my life with, even if just a servant.

Who was I kidding...

I loved her more than a servant ever could. I couldn't just be a servant anymore.

Especially, if she's now aware of my feelings for her.

And if by any chance she truly thought of me as someone she could love...for her, I'd be the best I could...even if I felt I didn't have the right to be.

I wasn't going to let my feeble and selfish feelings get the best of me.

I wanted 'the best of me' to belong to her.

I wanted that part of me to be able to protect her.

Just as I was about to sit down to rest my feet, I was kicked off.

Literally, by someone's filthy foot.

I had taken no notice to someone sitting where I was about to sit due to my lack of awareness.  

I felt as if they were attempting to make fun of me, to mock me.

To provoke me to anger and to eventually making a fool of myself.