Chapter Eight: Without Warning

Maleficent's POV

He was in love with someone else.

"Will you tell her Diaval? How you feel."

"I dearly want to...but I'm afraid this particular Fey might not want me."

I had nothing to say.

Nothing came to mind to respond to that.

What could I say after hearing those words.

I only kept my mouth shut as I looked deeply into the depths of the fire, hoping the fire itself could engulf my heart...so these feelings could disappear forever.

Beneath this cold night I wished my heart would've never existed.

This pain was too real...too overwhelming.

I felt alone and cold again.

Walls came up every which way around my heart.

"I hope you're happy with whoever this Fey is." Just as I was about to leave Diaval took my arm as if to stop me.

"Don't run away again."

"Let go Diaval."

My emotions were about to break loose if I didn't escape from his presence soon...I didn't want him to witness my frailty...

I did not want for him to know how lonely I felt or even how broken I still was.

"Not until you tell me what's wrong Mistress."

I became angry and upset.

"I said let go!"

"No." He was firm on his word as much as I was.

This was the first time he wouldn't back down.

"You wouldn't understand." My voice was serious enough to almost make him cower but he didn't budge.

"Maybe I would if you'd let me hear you out, tell me what's wrong."

"You're the problem." I said with frustration, snatching my arm from his grasp.

"What?" He seems genuinely hurt, as if I had just pierced his heart with an arrow.

"You heard me."

I had become jealous and that was something I did not hide well.

In fact, it was the only feeling I was really showing besides anger.

He really didn't do anything but my heart had had enough for one night.

These rollercoaster of emotions were just too much for someone like me.

"Why? I don't understand what this sudden rage is about? What did I do wrong?"

"You like another Fey don't you? Pick up the pieces and smell the roses." I spoke with venom laced around my voice.

Pure jealousy.

"If this is about me liking another that's not true, you've misunderstood me."

"Stop fooling with me. I am not some mindless idiot. It's either you like someone or you don't. Why say you do and don't."

There was silence between us...

I felt my blood boil in frustration.