Chapter 8: "Jack's Growing Pains"

In Ireland......

    As the new rules were set into place, Jack had a hard time not being around Andrew. They had been who close before the accident had happened. Once it was official that the boys are no longer going to be sharing a room the King made out a point to tell Jack, "Stay away from your brother, if something happens to him again..." He stopped talking as he gestured toward the door that led to Jack's balcony. Jack received the message loud and clear. So, from that moment on her never left his room. Andrew was persistent to try and get his brother to play with him, since he had no idea why Jack never came out anymore.

    As time went on and the pressures of getting older started to build, Young Frost's powers grew with the emotions. By this time, the King and Queen had come up with a solution to help Jack conceal his powers. They gave him gloves so that his bare hands, and powers, were not exposed. The gloves helped for a short time, but as usual his emotions grew. The gloves still helped but if his emotions were stronger than his will to conceal his powers, his emotions always won. He started having outbursts of different emotions, but mostly his fear to loose control was the strongest, that worried him the most.

    The final straw was when his parents had to take a trip overseas that would last approximately two weeks. Jack begged them to stay. He knew that if they left he would be all alone in his room three whole time. Unfortunately, the King and Queen were only gone for a few days when the royal announcer slipped a note under the door that read,

"We have not been able to contact our locate the King and Queen's ship crew of them. We went a search party out a few days ago to try and locate them but only found the remains of their boat. It is with a heavy heart that I tell you your parents did not survive."

    After reading this Jack lost all his will to hold back his powers. He allowed for all his emotions to come rushing out of him. All the years of learning to conceal tossed out the window like it was never  learned. Because his emotions were still so high, he did not attend the funeral he just stayed locked in his room.

    After everything was said and done, because the final orders from the King and Queen were to keep the gates closed, that's what they did. No one went into the castle and no one went out. Andrew found it the hardest to live like this but it is what had to be done. Jack was starting to get a grip on his powers once again and tubing remained this way for the next three years, until the day of Jack's coronation......