Chapter Two: If I Were To Believe

She almost tripped down the stairs.

Chan Lee had been in no condition to do heavy lifting, but like a criminal who wanted to stow away evidence—she had carried him over from the rooftop to her room.

And now he was slumbering like a sleeping beauty on her bed. 

She groaned and sat on the floor, hugging her knees together. Glowering at the figure on her bed, she bumped her head on the wall.

What exactly was she thinking? 

She could have called for an ambulance or an investigation unit to take him away. It was all too suspicious.

She had blacked out and woken up to him on the roof, he called for her and then passed out like her. What did he want?

Biting her inner cheek, she remembered it clearly.

His expression wavered when he saw her. The look of surprise as he reached out and called her name—well not her name.

It was his baby blue eyes.

The doe-eyed look he had given her.

It was a look that had her heart swearing that he didn't mean any harm.

"I'm such a fool," Running her fingers through her hair. Anybody could pretend and try to get her guard down, maybe he was already deciding when to pounce on her.

"Nghh..." a soft groan erupted.

Chan Lee raised her head to look at him, the man tossing in his sleep but not waking up. A part of her knew that this wasn't some set-up, she stood up. But then what was this? Who was he?

Was he even a 'he' in the typical sense?

It was with this query that she found her steps closing the distance between them. She stared at his face, long silver locks framed a soft face of youthful features, a button nose and—she slapped a hand over her face.

"This feels so wrong."

He wasn't an alien, at least what she expected an alien to look like. Han Jing's words earlier still resonated in the back of her mind for some reason. But if this wasn't some sort of foul play, then he really was someone from the—

Or maybe he was the figment of her imagination.

She rubbed her face tiredly, as if that was the case. She had carried him and felt his weight on her—he was heavier than he looked. 

"I should have left him at the roof, could have been somebody else's problem—"

Knock.

Knock knock.

"Chan Lee?" 

She froze, recognizing the speaker. It was the landlady. "Uh, please wait for a moment." Looking left and right, there wasn't anything she could use to hide him. Chan Lee reluctantly stepped towards the door, tossed one look at the slumbering figure and opened the door.

"What a pleasant surprise, madam Dongxia. Anything I can do for you?" she asked the older woman. The door was open by just a fraction and she was leaning on the door frame and giving her best of smiles. 

"Did you feel the shockwave earlier?" Dongxia's forehead creased together, lips curled down. "I was just watching the news when it happened! It had my poor cat leaping out from my lap."

So the meteor had caused a shockwave even without physical evidence? Chan Lee fidgeted for a moment, "Y-yeah, I think so. I was gathering laundry earlier and felt faint for a couple of moments."