Chapter Seven: Spill The Tea

"No worries, dude, I'm just about to take my leave." Zhao turned back to her, a soft smile on his face for once. "It seems that they really missed you huh?"

The smile disappeared in a moment's time as he handed the grocery bags to Xue. After that he then leaned to her, close enough to feel his breath fanning over her ear.

She felt her face heat up. "What are you—?"

"We have a reading to get done right? I actually have some questions I'd like to ask, so I'll contact you. See you around, Lee!" Pulling away, he gave a salute.

Without even a moment's delay, he sauntered past Han Jing. The latter involuntarily giving a wide berth for him.

Chan Lee felt her head pound for a moment. Contact her? That felt like some kind of dream.

"U-uh...it's actually a little heavy." Xue murmured with an awkward laugh.

"Oh, my bad." She immediately grabbed one of the bags to help him, "Let's get inside, shall we?"

"Oi, what about me?" Han Jing made his way to her door, a slightly irritated look evident on his face. "Aren't you going to invite your neighbor?"

She pursed her lips, "Do I have to?"

"I brought more clothes for our friend." Han Jing held up a duffel bag, rolling his eyes.

"Oh, alright, come on in." She smiled and motioned for him to get in.

"You're in an awfully good mood, who was he?" Han Jing asked her once they settled in her place.

She frowned and approached her table. "No one important."

"Will you just spill the tea?"

Shrugging as she unloaded the fruits and vegetables, "That was Hua Zhao, a classmate of mine."

"Yeah, he seems quite nice, huh?" Xue sat on her bed—something she didn't really mind for some reason. Perhaps it was because she had left him for hours, so it made sense that he'd choose a comfortable spot.

Han Jing snickered. "Nice? He's suspicious if you ask me."

"Don't project your insecurities on him." Chan Lee sighed and threw a look at him. It was like one of those movies, the popular and outcast finding one another irritating and pulling each other's strings.

"I'm not!" He protested.

She shrugged in reply, "Well, you're being too hostile for some reason."

"For a good reason," He countered. "Are you two close friends?"

"Not really."

Han Jing frowned. "Why'd he come here then? And he met Xue too! What if he noticed that there's something weird about this guy."

"I-I'm not that weird, am I?"

"You have long silver hair and blue eyes, you're a sight."

"Thank you, Han Jing."

"That wasn't a compliment, but you get my point right, Lee?"

"You're overreacting, we happened to meet at the market and he decided to be nice and help me carry my groceries." Chan Lee brushed him off. So what if he met Xue? The guy looked like someone who dyed their hair and wore contacts, especially with Han Jing's stay at home clothes.

Han Jing grabbed his head. "Guys don't just do that for no reason! He must have some hidden motive or intent of some sort."

"If that's the case, then you being here means you have some hidden motive too, Jing?" She raised a brow.