The Dance: Part 20

One Week Later:

My parents showed up for mine and Dylan's birthday, we didn't have a huge party but my co-stars and a couple of friends did bring gifts, they dropped of the gifts so Dyl and I could spend the whole time with our family.

The next day my parents had to leave, we said goodbye and promised we would visit them.

Thomas' Pov:

It's Kylie and Dylan's birthday, it was hard to find something for Dylan but I immediately knew what to get Kylie. I decided to get her something very meaningful... I told them that I would come over tomorrow.

Kylie's Pov:

I sat on the couch watching The Umbrella Academy when I heard my doorbell ring. It must be Dylan he has been out all day it is already 7pm. I had the day off from set but Dylan on the other hand did not. I mean he is the main character.

I got up and paused the show, I opened the door and to my surprise I saw Thomas.

I smiled ear to ear and he did the same. "Hey Tommy wanna come in?" I say moving out of the way and opening the door more.

"I'd love too" he says

I just laugh and when I close the door that's when I notice him set two gift bags on the ground.

"I got you and Dylan a little something, is he home?" Thomas asks

"No, Dyl is still on the set" I say

Then I add "Thomas you didn't have to get us anything"

"I know but you deserve it... and so does Dylan" Thomas says

Thomas takes off his coat and hugs me "It's nice to see you Tommy"

"Same to you Ky" he said. We broke apart and talked for a while.

Then I say "We should have another night like that one night when we sang together in the car! That was so fun!"

"You should open your present!" he says out of nowhere. He hands me the bag and I open it and see⏬

My mouth opens from shock "Th-this I-is beautiful" I say I put it down on the table next to me and I cover my mouth with my hands then I hug Thomas tight

My mouth opens from shock "Th-this I-is beautiful" I say I put it down on the table next to me and I cover my mouth with my hands then I hug Thomas tight. He just giggles and I say "Thank you, I'll have to buy so-" I was cut off when Thomas pulled this from out of thin air⏬

 He just giggles and I say "Thank you, I'll have to buy so-" I was cut off when Thomas pulled this from out of thin air⏬

He hands it to me and I am left in shock. It was our song we sang in the car. "Thomas... Thank y-"

"No need to thank me, you deserve it" he says hugging me. I hug him tight and whisper in his ear "You're the best you know that right?"

"Whatever you say Ky, would you like to play our song" He asked letting go of me. I let go and nodded. He had to help me but eventually our song started playing.

"May I have this dance Mr. Sangster" I say trying to sound British. I hold out my hand for him to take. Thomas takes my hand and laughs at my accent.

I put my hands on his shoulders and he put his hands on my waist. I felt butterflies but just shrugged them off. Thomas is a perfect friend, I can't believe how I got so lucky.

I look into his brown eyes and get lost in them, then I snap out of it when he says "When will Dyl get home?"

"I have no idea" I answer, he looks me in the eyes and I look into his and we stay like that for a while just swaying to the music, it wasn't really a song to slow dance to but it was perfect.

I then say "Thank you so much Thomas, this is the best gift anyone has ever gotten me"

"I'm just lucky enough to be your friend" he says laughing

"Best friend" I correct him

Thomas giggles at me and I wrap my arms around his neck and put my head on his shoulder while I am doing this he wraps his arms around my waist and holds more closer.

We continue to sway back and forth. He holds me even closer to him and we are so close together now we are basically hugging and we just stay like that not saying a word, then butterflies come back in my stomach but again I shrug them off. I don't know what I'd do without Thomas by my side.

Thomas' Pov:

Kylie puts her head on my shoulder and wraps her arms around my neck holding me close. I feel funny I don't know what I'm feeling. I am so grateful to have her as my best friend, I couldn't have asked for a more caring and honest person in my life, I don't know what I'd do without her. Kylie softly starts singing the song and I join her.

I think we're alone now,

The beating of our hearts is the only sound

Running just as fast as we can, holding on to one another hands

Trying to get away into the night and then you put your arms around me

And we tumble to the ground and then you say

I think we're alone now,

There doesn't seem to be anyone around

I think we're alone now,

The beating of our hearts is the only sound

I think we're alone now,

There doesn't seem to be anyone around

I think we're alone now,

The beating of our hearts is the only sound

I think we're alone now,

There doesn't seem to be anyone around

I think we're alone now,

The beating of our hearts is the only sound

I think we're alone now,

There doesn't seem to be anyone around

I think we're alone now,

The beating of our hearts is the only sound

Then the song end and we just stay in that position for a while, then it starts playing again. I can tell she smiled when it started again she then moved her head to my chest. My heart quickened and she just giggles which made me giggle.

Then she says "You have the cutest giggle" then I feel myself turn pink and I don't know why. Thankfully she didn't move her head to look at me. I held her even closer to me and now she is basically leaning on me. I put my head gently on her head and removed one hand from around her waist and I started to play with Kylie's soft hair.

After a while she let go and so did I, I didn't want to let her go I wanted her to stay like that... It just felt right. It felt right to be with my best friend.

Word Count: 1,136