Chapter 6

"Leah!" Ally shouted as she shook me from my sleep. "You're gonna be late for class." I lazily woke up and went to have a bathe. I pulled on a black pants, mustard sweater blouse and white sneakers.

I rushed to class not even having time to have breakfast

I walked into art class and apologized for being late then made my way to Lucas.
"Morning," I said as I sat.
"Someone was busy last night," he commented.
"What?" I said confused.
"You're late. Wonder what you were up to," he said.
"I did nothing but oversleep. And what I do is none of your business," I said and started my task. He didn't respond.

After class I walked to the cafeteria as I had an hour before my next class, which would be P.E.
'How am I gonna look at him after that kiss?' I thought as I stood staring in space.
"You gonna order?" I heard Jason say as he stood behind me in line.
"Aaaaa. Yeah. Sorry," I said and got a coffee and a bagel.

I sat and ate

I sat and ate.
"So are you still interested in skating?" Jason said as he sat before me.
"Yeah. Today's tryouts right?" I said.
"Yeah. Do you have a board?" He asked.
"Yeah I carried mine," I answered.
"Cool," he answered. We sat and talked for a bit then I went to get ready for P.E.

I stood in the corner where I was hidden from Mr. Wong. Every time I looked at him, I remembered one thing, how his soft lips felt on mine.
"Leah! You're picked," Ally said and I realized I was thinking of him again. I walked over to the team and then we played. Again I didn't make any basket, but at least I caught the balls this time.
After class I went to the room and showered then got ready for skating tryouts.
I got dressed in some jeans shorts, a black T-shirt and a white sneakers then head down.

"There's a lot of persons here," I said walking up to Jason

"Yeah. We compete with other colleges so everyone wants a shot at competing. Please be good. I wanna see you around more often," he said with a smirk. I smiled at him and playfully pushed him. "Brb."

"Skater girl. You're one hell of a package," I heard Mr. Wong's voice say.
"Aaaa." I said as I turned facing him.
"Look. That was a mistake. We can just forget it happened," he said seeing how awkward I felt.
"Yeah. Do I look that awkward?" I asked.
"Yeah a lot," he said with a laugh. "I like your board."
"Thanks," I said looking down at it.

"Yours is

"Yours is...well plain," I commented and he laughed.
"I guess I'm a plain guy," he said looking at his black board.
"So you compete too?" I asked.
"No. I do this for fun. I used to do it in college I just continued when I left," he said.
"Nice. Don't want them bones to seize up," I said with a laugh.
"You got jokes. Let's see if you can make the team," he said pointing to Jason who beckoned for me to come.
"Wish me luck," I said and walked towards Jason.
"Good luck!" He called out.

My tryout went well and I made the team.
"You are actually pretty good," Jason said as he came over and gave me a high five.
"Thanks," I said excitedly.
"Wanna grab some dinner with me?" He asked.
"Sure," I said and we went to the cafeteria.
We sat and ate then talked for a bit.
He walked me to my room.

"I'll see you tomorrow," Jason said as we stopped at my door.
"Yeah. Thanks," I said and opened my door and went in.

"You've been out a lot," Ally said as I entered.
"No I haven't," I answered.
"Yeah you have. Who was that?" She asked.
"Jason. I was at tryouts. Oh and by the way I made the team," I said setting down my board.
"That's great. So you like Jason?" She asked.
"Well..... I don't know. Ask me in a month, I'll let you know," I said and grabbed my stuff to bathe.
"Hmmm," she said turning back to her book.
"What?" I asked.
"Nothing," she replied.
"Well what about you?" I asked
"What about me?" She said.
"Who are you interested in?" I asked plopping beside her.
"If you must know. I've been seeing Ryan," she said. My eyes widened.
"Wait. Tina's brother Ryan?" I asked
"Which other Ryan do you know?" She sassed.
"Don't get sassy. Does Tina know?" I enquired.
"Welllll.....no," she said with a smile.
"Aha. Wow! Well look at you. So tell me the dets," I said getting comfortable.
"We've been out twice. He kissed me once and we have another date on Friday," she said.
"So you basically have a boyfriend?" I teased.
"No...well sorta. I do like him. A lot," she said blushing.
"I think it's sweet. You need to tell Tina though," I said and grabbed my things and went for a bathe.

"Leah!" Tina said frightened as I saw her kissing Lucas in a corner.
"Hi," I said. Tina and Lucas looked at me embarrassed.
"I can explain," Tina said.
"Tina you don't have to. We're not together," I said motioning to Lucas.
"I know but he kissed you," she said.
"Yeah and if I wanted him I'd probably be dating him. As I said I don't like like him," I said and continued to the bathroom.
I showered then went to bed.