Chapter 9

I took my heels off and went into the living room where Sean was setting up a movie.
"What are we watching?" I said as I sat beside him. He placed his hand on my thigh as he scrolled through Netflix.
"What do you want to watch?" He said continuing to scroll.
"Action," I said. We heard a knock on his door. He got up and went to the door.
"Leah go to the bedroom," he whispered as he stepped from the door. I ran to the room and closed the door.
I sat at the door and listened.
I heard a lady talking to Sean.
"So....," I heard her say and I looked through the key hole. I saw another lecturer from the college. Her hand ran down his shoulders to his arm. I felt jealousy burn in me.
"So nothing Jess. I'm busy," he said brushing her off. She looked over at the TV.
"I can keep your company," she said.
"No. I'm good," he said and escorted her out. I walked from the room and dropped on the couch. He could see I was jealous. He dropped beside me. "Now you know how I felt," he said and I looked at him.
"What?" I asked.
"Now you know how I felt when I saw you with Jason," he said looking into my eyes.
"Oh. Sorry," I said. He smiled and kissed me. Our kiss got deeper. We laid on the couch, him on top of me, not breaking the kiss.

We continued

We continued. His phone rang and interrupted us. He sighed loudly and grabbed it.
"What?!" He shouted. "Wait what?" "I'll be there in 5." He said to the person on the other line then hung up.
"Everything ok?" I said reading his facial expression.
"No. Grab a shoe," he said and got up. I ran to the room and pulled on a black sneakers. We quickly walked to his car.

"What's wrong?" I asked as he drove very fast further up the street.
"My dad's house was robbed," he said. I stayed silent. He pulled into the driveway of a huge house. He rushed in and I followed.

"Dad! Mom!" He called running into the living room.
"Son!" A lady said and embraced him into a hug. They chat for a while as they filled him in on what happened. I stood at the side silently.
"Who's that sweetie?" She said as she acknowledged me.
"Oh shoot. Sorry. Aaa. This is Leah," he said as he motioned for me to join him.
"Hi," I said as I walked and shook their hands.
"Sorry you had to meet us under these circumstances," she said looking at Sean.
"Oh we're not really together," I said.
"Oh. Really," she said and looked at him again.
"Well. So let's talk to the cops shall we," Sean said changing the subject. They nod and walked to the cops. He turned and looked at me. "Really?"
"What?" I asked looking at him. He shook his head and went to join his parents.
After about an hour we left and went back to his apartment. I showered and went to bed.

I woke up to see Sean did not sleep in the room. I walked to the living room and saw him sleeping on the sofa. I sighed and went to bathe. I pulled on a light grey dress and socks and went back in the room.

I walked into the room and saw Sean

"Good morning!" He said as he looked up at me.
"Morning," I said looking down.
"About yesterday..." he started then paused. "Why did you say we're not really together."
"Are we Sean?" I said looking at him. "We have been on one date and for the entire time you ignored me like I wasn't there because of jealousy. So tell me Sean, are we really together?" I said angrily.
He sighed.
"I want us to be," he said as he walked towards me.
"I do too. But I need you to show me that Sean," I said.
"Ok," he said and cupped my face and kissed me.

"You hungry?" He asked as we parted

"Starving," I said and he smiled.
"I'm gonna shower then we'll get some food in that tummy," he said and disappeared into the bathroom.
I sat watching tv as I waited. "Ok. How about pancakes?"
"Sounds good," I said as I joined him in the kitchen. We talked about his parents and mine as he made the pancakes.

"Here you go," he said placing a plate of pancakes with strawberries before me.

"Looks good," I said and dug in

"Looks good," I said and dug in. I heard him laugh. I looked up and saw him looking at me. "What?"
"Nothing," he said as he smiled at me shoving food in my mouth. He kissed my forehead and made himself a plate.

The weekend went well. Sean and I spent most of it watching Netflix. However he did bring me bowling on Saturday and to dinner Sunday evening. We didn't have sex but the weekend was amazing. We got up very early Monday morning and I showered and pulled on a jeans skirt, a beige tank top and white sneakers.

"Ready?" Sean said as I grabbed my bag

"Yeah," I said.
He held my waist and pulled me to him and kissed me.
"I really enjoyed this weekend," he said.
"Me too," I replied. We left and drove back to school. It was early so not many persons were on the outside. He dropped me by my dorm and I kissed him and went to my room.