Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Jun Pyo sat on his couch and laid his head back on the head rest. His mind was reeling. Did he really see Ji Hoo downstairs? What was he doing there? He knew it had something to do with Jan Di.

Since Jan Di rejected him for Ji Hoo, he had done his best to forget about them, about what happened – and sometimes, he found himself able to smile again.

And now his past had come back to haunt him.

Why did it have to be Ji Hoo? He lamented. Ji Hoo was closest to him, which was probably why it hurt him more. Not that it was entirely Ji Hoo's fault though – since Jan Di was the one who chose him.

But he couldn't bring himself to hate Jan Di. A part of him still cared about her.

The problem was, he didn't really hate Ji Hoo either. He couldn't. If anything, he hated himself. He blamed himself for losing her. He was the one that kept calling Ji Hoo to rescue her, to keep her safe, to keep her company.

A soft knock on his door interrupted his thoughts. He sat up, alarm on his face, thinking the guard had let Ji Hoo upstairs. He looked through the peep hole and saw Mr. Rogers himself on the other side of his door.

He opened it warily.

"Mister Jun Pyo?" Mr. Rogers looked down at the floor as he spoke.

"Yes? What is it?"

"That young man is still downstairs." Mr. Rogers looked at him hesitatingly. "He said he was your friend?"

Was is right, he thought, sourly. "Just send him away please." He moved to close the door, but the old man still stood there, head bowed, shoulders hunched.

"He has been coming here the last few days waiting for you."

Jun Pyo sighed. Ji Hoo must have a lot of free time lately. Maybe Jan Di and him broke up?

Ha, he snorted. Fat chance. He knew Ji Hoo too well to believe that. "I don't want to see him."

The man stood there for a few minutes, biting his lower lip.

"What is it?" Jun Pyo asked, slowly getting impatient.

"Umm...he's Korean right?"

"Yeah."

"He looks like a member of one of those K-pop bands." The man looked hopefully at him. "Is he?"

Jun Pyo's eyes widened and his mouth fell open. "What do you know about K-pop? You're like 60!"

This time, the old man grinned. "My granddaughter is obsessed with them. It's all she listens to and talks about!" His eyes were full of excitement as he stepped closer to Jun Pyo and whispered, "Do you think he'll mind if I ask for his autograph? And maybe a picture?"

Jun Pyo's eyes went so wide it looked like it was going to pop out of his head. Finally, he recovered and pushed the man out the door.

"Out!" He slammed the door.

...

A few minutes later, there was another knock on his door. Jun Pyo tried to ignore it but whoever it was would not give up.

"If you want to ask for his autograph, go do it yourself," he muttered angrily as he opened the door.

"Why would I want someone's autograph?" Jae Kyung stood there, an eyebrow arched in amusement.

He sighed as she walked in and plopped herself on the couch.

"What are you doing here?" He narrowed his eyes at her as realization took hold. "NO. I will not talk to him."