7. LETTER

The next morning, Yeri woke up and she was left alone again. She checked her phone and there's another draft messages.

I'll go to school first. I'll come back later, alright? Don't walk around too much. You might trip yourself again. Take care, Myemim.

She smiled but then it faded as soon as she remembered about Mark. Since yesterday, he never spoke to her or sent her a text. She felt so sad that the guy suddenly acts like he doesn't know her.

She typed something on her phone and sent it to Mark's number. A second later, she kinda regretted it and she can't even unsend the message.

.

Mark was in the class feeling so bored cause it's History. He dozed off for quite a time. His body went stiff back up when his phone vibrated. He slowly took it out of his pocket so that the teacher won't noticed.

He felt his heart skipped a beat when the person who texted him at the moment was Yeri. But then when he read the text, the guilty he felt was even worst than yesterday.

I was waiting for you yesterday morning.

He quickly typed something and sent it back to her without hesitation.

I'm sorry.

She replied back two seconds later.

I wouldn't be in this state if you were here yesterday.

He sighed heavily before replying back.

I'm so sorry, Yeri. If I know something bad would happen to you, I'll definitely stay that night.

He was anticipating her answer to that.

I do not mean my physical state. How can you not consider my feelings?

He was about to type something when another message popped up.

I felt sad and dissapointed when I didn't see you in the room yesterday morning.

That kinda slapped him hard on the face.

I'm really sorry. I really don't know how am I going to say this but I'm genuinely sorry.

He ran his fingers through his hair while waiting for her reply.

Tell the boys I thanks them a lot for taking care of me these past few days. And thanks to you too.

He frowned to that as he was so confused.

What do you mean?

And he doesn't get a reply from her anymore. He even called her but her phone was off.

.

The boys arrived at the hospital a bit early but when they want to go to Yeri's ward room, one of the nurse stopped them.

"I'm sorry but Ms. Kim said to me she doesn't want to see any visitors today. I hope you'll understand." they were obviously dissapointed but they understood and were about to walk away when the nurse called out.

"Which one of you is Taeyong?" Taeyong pointed to himself. "Here's a letter from Ms. Kim. She said to hand this to you." Taeyong took it and thanked the nurse.

.

To Taeyong oppa and Jaehyun oppa, thank you for being such a brother figures to me. As for Mark, Lucas and Hendery, I thank you guys for being so caring towards me even sometimes one of you didn't show it that much. To Jaemin, you're such an adorable little brother. I really enjoy your company.

I've never feel this safe until I met you guys. Thanks for keeping me comfortable. Sorry that I have to do this. Starting today, I can take care of myself. I feel like I've troubled you guys a lot . Please don't mistake this as I don't want to see you guys anymore, I just can't let you help me one more time. I want to be independent and learn to things by myself.

Taeyong oppa, please take care of yourself and others. All of you are important people in my life now so I would be very sad if bad things happen to any one of you. Again, thanks for everything. I really appreciate all of your time.

Kim Yerim

.

"What does this mean? She doesn't want to see us anymore?" Lucas asked. Mark who was beside him can't help but blame himself. He thought he's the reason why Yeri suddenly wrote such thing.

"Maybe she feels bad that we helped her a lot and she can't do anything to pay it back." Taeyong said. Lucas nodded.

"I think it's my fault." Mark mumbled. Others turned to him. "What?" Jaehyun asked. "It's my fault, hyung. She wrote that letter because of me." he said weakly and all of them frowned in confusion.

"What do you mean? What did you do to her? Did you...." Taeyong asked defensively but stopped halfway when Jaemin cut him off. "Hyung, calm down. I don't think Mark hyung would do such thing to Yeri noona. We should hear him first."

Mark inhaled deeply before he started telling them the whole story. Starting from when he ditched school to stay at the hospital with her until the messages she texted him this morning. He even showed them the proof.

"What made you not to show up yesterday morning?" Hendery asked. Mark released a long heavy sigh. "It's my dad." he almost can't pronounce the word 'dad' correctly.

"He knows about Yeri?" Taeyong asked worriedly. "No he didn't. I would never let him to. But he said he will do something to the girl that I fell in love with because I disobey him." his dad's threat rang in his head at the moment.

"Now all of this finally make sense. So you were avoiding her? That's why you broke your promise to her yesterday morning?" Jaehyun asked.

"I'm not promised her anything. But I said I will come and she really waited for me but I didn't show up. I chose not to show up." he said; running his finger through his hair.

"You love her?"

He turned to Taeyong who asked that question. He shook his head. "You don't?" Taeyong asked again.

"I can't."