8. THE TRUTH

It's been two weeks now. Taeyong and Jaehyun were worried about Mark. He was rarely seen eating his meal and always locking himself in his room. He also didn't talk much at school and didn't eat his lunch.

Taeyong and Jaehyun decided to tell Yeri what happened that day. They went to the hospital but as usual, the nurse stopped them when they were about to enter the room.

"Miss, please. We really need to see our friend." Taeyong said. "Please understand. It's the patient's request. We can't allow you in. I'm so sorry." she replied.

"It won't take long. I promise." Jaehyun said confidently. The nurse shook her head and gave them pity eyes. "Could we just pass her a letter then? Please. It's the least you can do to help us." Taeyong pleaded.

The nurse was thinking for a moment before nodded briefly. "But I won't promise you if she would read it." both of them nodded. Taeyong took out a paper that was folded into a smaller square and he gave it to the nurse.

"Could I ask you for another favor?" Jaehyun asked. The nurse frowned. "Please take care of her until she's fully recover and make sure she's okay all the time." he said. "I will."

.

"Ms. Kim, here's a letter for you." the nurse handed the letter to her. Yeri frowned while looking at the letter. "It's from your friend, Taeyong." Yeri sighed but she still took the letter from her.

"I'll go first. I'll be outside if you need anything." Yeri nodded and flashed her a small smile. Her fingers graced the paper in her hand and she unfolded it.

Hi uri Myemim!

I hope you're doing so much better today! We were so sad actually when the nurse said you didn't want to see us again. We keep coming back day by day hoping you would allow us in but the answer is still the same.

Mark felt so guilty that he didn't show up that day. All of us know now what was going on between you two. He had his own reason, Myemim. You know he was avoiding you sometimes, right? It's because he doesn't want to get attach to you.

He's doing that to protect you. It's not my place or Jaehyun or anyone else to tell you why. You should hear it from Mark himself. I'm not telling you this to make you feel bad for turning us down but Mark is doing pretty bad now.

Not only Mark but all of us too. There's an empty space between us now, Myemim. We need you back to fill in the space. I hope you understand what I mean.

Lee Taeyong

.

Mark, Jaehyun and Taeyong arrived a bit late that morning and they met Jaemin, Hendery and Lucas at the car park.

"Do you hear anything from her yesterday?" Mark asked to either Taeyong or Jaehyun. "No. But don't worry. The nurse said she's recovering really well." Taeyong tapped his shoulder to comfort him.

Their conversation get interrupted by a few students rushing and running to somewhere. Taeyong asked one of them what was going on. "A girl get bullied at the rooftop." he said and ran away.

"Aish! I'm so sick of this shit!" Mark cursed. "Let's go. We need to stop them." Taeyong said and they made their way to the rooftop. When they arrived, it was so loud. Students were cheering, clapping and throwing eggs and flour to the poor girl. She's already collapsing on the floor.

Taeyong and others went closer so they could get a closer look. "Who's that?" Lucas asked. They can't recognised who was it cause if the flour that covered her body and she was looking down and her hair was covering her face. Taeyong and others stepped in.

"Geumanhaera." he said shortly. "You seriously defense this girl? She's pathetic!" the guy mocked. Mark and Jaemin went to the girl and they shielded her from the students who were throwing the eggs and flour to her amd they stopped immediately.

"Hey, you're okay?" Mark was leaning to see her face. He gently pushed her hair back to reveal her face. His eyes widened and so did Jaemin's. "Noona!" Jaemin shouted and Taeyong immediately turned to them.

"Yeri!" Taeyong and Jaehyun ran to her. Mark cupped her face and saw the cuts on her lower lip and her bruised cheek. His body seized up and his hand was curled into a fist. He got up and face the bullies.

"Which one of you bastard hit her?" he asked with a deep voice. The guy in front of him chuckled. "Why are you all losers always defending that whore?" Mark was boiling inside when he's calling Yeri a whore.

Taeyong asked Jaemin and Hendery to bring Yeri to the female toilet to get clean up. He joined Jaehyun and Lucas who was standing calmly behind Mark that was about to explode.

"She's our friend." Lucas answered shortly and the bullies laughed histerically at them. "You're friends with a mute stupid girl?" Mark was trying so hard not to shove his fist into that guy's mouth.

"You losers wanna know the truth?" Mark glanced behind his shoulder and looked at his friends. He glad Yeri wasn't at the scene anymore.

"That girl can't talk! She's mute!"