10. IMPORTANT PERSON

"I'm sorry for the other day and sorry for avoiding you." he said to her while her hand was still in his. "I have my own reason why I did that but I'm not ready to tell you. I hope you understand." Yeri flashed him a sweet smile before she typed something om her phone and showed to him.

It's fine I understand. I'll wait for you to tell me why.

Mark smiled to that. It was the first time for her to see that genuine smile of him. And he will never looks so vulnerable and cute than that.

"I love you, Kim Yerim." she looked up at him as cupped her face lovingly. "And I want to protect you until my last breath. Don't ever say to me that someone hurts you. I'm afraid that person will not last even a second in this earth." Yeri was so touched by his words. Her eyes became teary.

"Don't. I can't bear to watch your tears. Please don't cry again. Especially if it because of me. It's not worth it." he said calmly. Yeri nodded slowly and she wrapped her arms around him and hugged him. He gently stroking her hair and patted her back.

"I love you a lot that I want to make you mine like right now. But I can't. Yet." Yeri broke the hug and she frowned at him. Mark looked down at her. "As much as I want to call you my 'girlfriend' so bad, I just can't." she typed something on her phone again.

Why?

"Remember the reason I'm not ready to tell you yet?" she nodded. "That's why. You may not be my girlfriend now. But you're the most important person in my life." he smiled at her.

"I have a question to ask you." he said. Yeri lifted a brow at him. He chuckled to that. "Do you love me too?" he asked.

He didn't have to hear anything from her. Just by that blush and the wide smile of her, it's already answered his question.

"Oi lovebirds! School is about to start!" Lucas shouted from afar. Mark rolled his eyes and Yeri laughed at him. "He's such an annoying fu-" Yeri put her index finger on his lips and shook her head. Mark smirked at her.

"Apologise maam." he messed up her hair and fixed it back.

.

In the class, the students are glancing at Yeri when she entered the class with Mark and Lucas. "What are you looking at?" Mark asked the whole class. "Yeri is our friends. If I hear any one if you in this class do something to her, you'll get it from me." Lucas warned.

"Dude, she's freaking mute." one of them said. "So what? Does it make her brainless like you?" Mark asked him back. The guy earlier glared at him. "Touch her and you'll break into pieces. I fucking swear." Lucas added.

Yeri took her seat and Mark said to her not to worry much. As long as he and Lucas are with her, no one could do anything to her.