Chapter Four

"General, are you certain?" Cora was the first to speak up as the General finished giving out his plans.

"The Nether is weak. They suffered heavy losses when the tried to raid the Overworld, and now, we have Gabriel back," the General replied. "We're at our full strength again."

The Archangel wasn't so sure. "Sir, I appreciate the vote of confidence, but my gear needs a lot of work before-"

"I've repaired most of it and added a few new things," Amethyst interrupted.

Azura shook her head. "I think you mean that we added a few new things."

"Sorry, Azzie!" Amy said back, an innocent smile on her face.

A smile that soon faded when Patrick spoke up. "With that out of the way... what was your concern, Chief Coraline?"

"Sire, we are heavily outnumbered without our armies, and couldn't possibly mount a full-scale assault on the Nether," Cora replied.

It was Blair's turn to speak up. "I can lead you and your armies through. I know the Nether better than any of you."

Patrick was still suspicious of the Blaze. "And what reason would you have for helping us?"

"I've already told you, Naeus betrayed our trust. He sent us on a suicide mission," Blair was clearly getting agitated- flames were licking up around her face as she spoke.

Kronos placed his hand on the Blaze's shoulder, and the flames began to die down. "General Patrick, Queen Crysteffor has placed trust in this assassin. We ask that you do the same."

"Very well, Wither Knight, but if something goes wrong, it's your head on the line," Patrick reluctantly agreed.

"Sire, a question?" Rain asked. Patrick nodded, and the Dragon Tamer continued. "Should we head into the Nether, who will stay behind to guard the Dreadfort?"

"The guards should be enough, but Daryll and his bandits can assist them. Nobody will attack us when we have this many guards here," Patrick replied confidently.

"General Patrick, what of Nera?" Iris asked.

"Nera is not a concern. She's insane and delusional."

Stella had a thought. "And sir, what of General Naeus? He is insanely powerful-"

"I have these," Patrick interrupted, slightly drawing one of Enderheart's Dragon Blades. "Enderheart once told me that they temporarily negate magical powers when they hit someone."

"You'd still have to get close enough... that's a huge risk, Sire..." Azura was clearly worried.

Patrick shook his head. "Lady Azura, set personal feelings aside and look at what this opportunity is worth to us. We could easily fight back the rest of the Nether by taking down General Naeus."

"We could, General, but if we lose the last advantage we have..." Phantom wasn't convinced.

"This meeting is adjourned. We will continue later," Patrick said, and the present company nodded in agreement.

The second Phantom walked out the door, he was greeted by a large bird resembling a Falcon. He knew it as an Argent- a large bird of prey that got its name from the silver color of its feathers. The golden markings down its back and wings gave away why it was there.

"Celestia, what're you doing here?" Phantom held his arm out, allowing the bird to land.

He began to walk down the hallway, only to be greeted by a female voice behind him. "Miss me?"