Chapter Five

Cora stood with her team alongside Daryll and his bandits, Inorra standing at the front and preparing an End Portal. She took a deep breath, feeling Allison's hand on her shoulder.

"We'll be okay," the latter said. Cora nodded.

Inorra opened the portal. "Time to go, guys."

Cora was the first inside, then her team followed. Daryll's bandits charged after them, but the Bandit Leader was hesitant. He looked back at the Dreadfort solemnly before walking after the rest.

***

As Iris entered Nera's icy domain, the Undead Horde's armored soldiers began to gather around her. However, they didn't seem hostile. They stood watching the area around her, weapons ready to protect her at a moment's notice. The Assassin smiled- they remembered her. Crunching could be heard distantly in the snow, but the Horde didn't react.

Iris knew who it was. "Hello, Nera."

The white-eyed girl emerged from the trees, her wounds patched. "Hello, Iris."

"I need your help. We need your help," Iris said.

"We? You come to me, into my territory, asking for me to help my enemies?" Nera replied, clearly agitated.

"Nera, you'll fall like everyone else is Naeus gets his way. We will all die. Do you want that?" Iris demanded. Her burst of confidence and courage surprised even her, but she knew that she had to help her friends.

"My armies stand ready to fight the General if he decides to fight," Nera replied confidently, "we'll win."

"No you won't! Do you not understand?! He has become a god. Nobody stands a chance standing alone!" Iris shouted.

Nera was taken aback by the younger girl's outburst. "Iris, do you not have faith in us?"

"No! No, I don't! I've seen with my own eyes what he and his army is capable of! Your father went to Naeus for help in a fight he couldn't win!" Iris decided to pull that card. "He accepted that he couldn't win alone, so he sought the help of a stronger army!"

"My father was- he was weak! He underestimate what we could do!" Nera shot back.

Iris sighed. "No matter what you decide, I will stand by Abigail and Rain. I will die by their side. If that happens, you lose your one friend on this whole planet."

Nera looked down. Iris was, unfortunately, right. "Well..."

***

The Frostbourne Army stood in front of the portal left behind after the Nether Horde's raid on the Overworld. Stella stood front and center, preparing a spell to open the portal once more. General Patrick turned to face his army, and Rain joined him with Ceris, Zeganirn, and the remaining Ender Watchers.

The Grandmaster was the first to speak. "Frostbourne, End, Nether... we unite today to fight this evil that's plagued us all! We've lost our homes, our friends, our family to this scourge, and in this fight, we fight for retribution, and we fight for freedom!"

Rain spoke next. "We are a symbol of hope for all who live in this world! It is up to us to protect those who cannot protect themselves!" The portal rose behind him, Stella joining him at his side. "Onward, friends, to victory!"

The faction leaders turned, making a run for the portal, their armies close behind raising a battle cry.

***

A.N.

I know this is a short chapter. I'm setting up for the next chapter and decided to just go ahead and do this. I hope you enjoyed it anyway, and I'll see you next time!
-Wickedershelf21