Epilogue, Part One

Azrael closed her eyes, preparing herself for her end. An end that never came- the clack of teeth on steel jarred her eyes open. Gabriel stood, wounded, over her, his scythe in hand, holding the beast's mouth open. But even he couldn't hold it, and the Dragon pushed him down onto his back.

Enderheart began her approach, but a loud yell and the slashing of steel stopped her. When Azrael looked again, the Dragon had stepped back, and where it once stood was a kid bearing the colors of the Ender Watchers.

"I was worried I'd missed the party!" He remarked, his sword in hand.

"Yeah, just... wonderful timing," Gabriel huffed, getting to his feet and retrieving his scythe.

"Isn't she ah... bad guy?" He asked.

"Not any more, apparently. We'll get to that later, let's just handle the... dragons..." Gabriel said, but as he looked, they were dragons no longer.

One stood at over seven feet tall, with the same pale skin and deep blue eyes as the larger dragon. He wore white knight's armor and wielded a massive greatsword. Enderheart looked much the same; her horns and scales had taken on a slightly more red color, her claws were a black color, and her eyes looked like those that the Demons had. She also wielded twin Netherite swords, the blades almost hissing with heat as she drew them. Between them stood General Naeus.

The Skeleton General spoke first. "Gabriel, Azrael, come join us once more. You'll get to survive the destruction of everyone and everything else."

Gabriel shook his head. "Not a chance in the world, Naeus."

"Then so be it," Naeus replied.

With a wave of his hand, the Skeleton General ordered both Zizos forward. They charged almost in unison, blades ready to hack and slash through anything and anyone. The pale one leapt into the air, frontflipping with his blade extended like a human (erm, Zizo) sawblade. Kira dove to the side as the Hybrid targeted him.

"What's your name, mate? We've been at this a while, might as well-" Kira ducked another swipe. "Get acquainted."

"King Sombre of the Zizo," was the Zizo's simple response.

Kira scoffed. "I see that you're a king. Your combat skills are awful," he let out a laugh as he deflected another blow with his katana.

"What did you say to me?!" The Dragon King roared, slamming his blade into the netherrack ad Kira dodged again.

"I said you suck, mate," the Ender Spectre rolled backwards, dodging another enraged swing.

Sombre's swings gave Kira an idea. He rolled to the side, onto a loose shelf of netherrack. Sombre, in his rage, followed Kira without fail, slamming his greatsword into the ground once more. This time, however, the ground gave way under the weight of the blow. Kira, knowing what would happen, jumped to safety, but Sombre was brought down with the shelf.

To the side, Azrael and Gabriel were struggling against Enderheart. Even without her signature blades, she was a force to be reckoned with when it came to swordsmanship. Every blow they administered was deflected and returned almost immediately, and the Netherite blades she now wielded easily would cut through their armor if they made contact. Gabriel swung his scythe, but Enderheart seemed to almost move before he did, her blade already in position to block his.

Taking advantage of this shock, Enderheart swept her tail across the ground, knocking Gabriel down. She placed her blade at his throat, only interrupted by the rumbling behind her. All parties looked, seeing the same thing.

Naeus stood at the head of his army numbering in the hundreds, several Gigas backing them up as they marched out of the Citadel. Pigmen, Wither Skeletons, and Demons were part of the massive horde, Naeus's last push.

Azrael charged, slamming all of her weight into Enderheart. It did little more than stagger the Zizo, but that was all she needed. Gabriel broke his scythe up into his wings, pushing himself back to his feet.

"We gotta go!" He shouted.

Azrael and Kira agreed. There was no fighting this horde. As Kira teleported away, the two Angels took flight, heading in the direction they'd seen everyone else going in. It wasn't long before they reached the fort, landing inside.

"General Patrick!" Gabriel called out.

"Right here!" Came the return.

"Sir, they're coming, we need to get out of this ca-"

He was cut off by rumbling and then a crash as the roof came down on their heads.