Chapter 10

_________________
                              And suddenly
                             You're all I need,
                        The reason why I smile.
                            Abril Lavigne
                       _________________

Yashiro Nene
"Hey, the Fireworks are canceled.
Can we hang out at your place?"
Read.

I stopped walking in confusion. We were on our way to the fireworks after splitting up from the hot springs. They decided to stop and get some snacks while the twins and I got a blanket to sit on.

"What?" Tsukasa asked, looking over my shoulder. Amane pushed his face away so that he could see. The boys behind me play-fought right then and there in the street before I spoke up.

"Nene wants to hang out at my shop. Apparently the fireworks are canceled? Did you know?" I asked the two.

They exchanged glances at each other before shaking their heads no at me. "Maybe it's because of the weather. It is super humid. It might even rain." Amane recommended. He shrugged with his words and looked down somewhat disappointed. I looked down at my phone concerned before typing my reply quickly.

                                                            (L/n) (Y/n)
         The fireworks were canceled? Why?
       But I guess we could go to my place...
                 Do you think it would be better?
                                                                        Sent ✔️

We started to walk in the opposite direction. Luckily, my shop wasn't too far away from the area. I looked down at my phone every so often with a look of disappointment. This didn't go unnoticed. "What's wrong?" Amane asked. He slowed his pace down so that he would walk next to me. Then he looked up to the sky. Although it was a humid evening. The stars shined brighter than ever.

"I was kinda...really looking forward to the fireworks," I complained. I swung my hands back and forth as I walked. Amane stopped the motion by grabbing ahold of one of them. I guess he didn't like me messing with my hands that much.

"I was too! But does it really matter? As long as we're all together and having fun, I think that's what's really important. Don't you think so too?" Tsukasa asked. Swinging his body around so that he would face the two of us. He walked backward as we advanced. That's a dumb idea. He could hurt himself.

"I guess..." The familiar ping from my phone was heard throughout the silent streets.

Yashiro Nene
Trust me, I think this is
Waaaayyy better. ;)
Read.

I tilted my head. There's something off with her. I haven't seen her all day aside from this morning... What had she been up to?

"Amane!" My, was he popular today. Our heads looked at the new voice to find the one and only Minamoto Kou. He waved at us as he ran over. By the time he came to us he was spewing out random stories.

"What are you doing here? Weren't you with Yashiro?" Tsukasa asked. He stomped in a puddle and the water rinsed across my feet. I would've yelled at him if it was just a normal day. I'll let him get away with it just this once.

"I was. But after she went inside with her friend Aoi I left to find you guys."

"Or you were just too nervous to be alone with the girls." Amane teased.

"Oh? Does Kou like one of them?" I asked intrigued. You could even hear it in my voice. The yellowed haired boy blushed at my words and turned his attention to the ground as if it were the most fascinating this he had seen all day.