Special Birthday Chapter

So this chapter isn't going to represent the readers birthday since there are so many of you. ;) it's just a added chapter that doesn't exactly go with the story line but it can if you so please.
____________________________

_________________
Happy birthday
to
you
Literally everybody
_________________

"(Y/n), Come downstairs and help me make the next batch of candy will you?" We need to make a full 2,000 blackberry knots. We ran out of them all yesterday." My mother yelled to me from the kitchen. I looked up from the book on my lap and sighed. I wasn't actually reading. I was too busy fantasizing about Amane to do that.

"Alright. I'm coming." I stretched as I stood up from the store front chair. As I was about to enter the kitchen, a hand held onto my shoulder preventing me from advancing any further.

"Actually, do you mind if I borrow her for today?" A new voice interrupted my thoughts of an intruder and my eyes widened in surprise.

My mother looked over my shoulder to see the one of the only two boys she would allow her daughter to date. When it came to the twins, she wanted nothing more. The Yugi's were her favorite customers after all. "Oh Amane! How lovely to see you here. Would you like a donut?" Mother held one of the boxes out and he chose the only normal looking donut.

"I was saving that..." I frowned. Amane chuckled and only took one bite before shoving the rest into my mouth. Both of his hands rested on my shoulders as he peeked over my head to talk to my mother.

"Like I mentioned, you don't mind me stealing her for the day? My mom wanted me to go clothes shopping and told me to take her with me." Amane partially lied. He wanted to spend more time with one of his favorite people. Even though he saw me basically everyday.

My head lowered to the ground in contemplation. How did he come in here without me noticing? Was I that enthralled with my fantasies?

"Where's your brother? Shouldn't he be with you?" My mother asked, she washed her hands in the sink before propping them on her hips. "I mean, she can go with you but she would just have to do extra work tomorrow."

I pouted and slumped my shoulders at the thought. How could she betray me like that? More work means less time to fantasize...

"Tsukasa's busy playing a new game today. It was like I wasn't even there." He laughed nervously. Amane glanced at me for a brief moment. Curious as to why I was so quiet. But I was still chewing on the compressed donut in my mouth.

Finally after swallowing I huffed. "Where are we going?" I felt like they've decided my fate for me already. Like I didn't have a say.

"Waza. We can get lunch too if you want." We exited the candy shop and I stuffed some hard candies into my bag. My mother bid us both a light goodbye as we left.

"Yeah that sounds nice. Crepes?" I offered. He grabbed onto my hand as we walked and guided me down to another street. He knew I had no clue as to where Waza was.

"You always eat sweet things!" Amane comeplained. He started swinging our arms back and forth rhythmically.

"Your favorite food is a sweet thing! I don't wanna hear it." I scoffed. I looked away from him and smiled. He's holding my hand so tightly.

After a brief shopping session as Waza, Amane and I stumbled upon one of those cheap fortune tellers. We exchanged glances at each other before shrugging.

"It's only 100 yen per person. Pretty cheap. Think she's accurate?" He nudged on my shoulder grabbing my attention. I shrugged at him and he started to pull me towards the building.

"It's looks kinda shady." I mentioned. The building was covered in forest green and maroon drapes and only one, small, cheap looking sign graced the front.

"Rude!" I new voice entered our conversation. A woman sat at the only table in the room when we entered. "I mean- what can I do for you all today?" She smiled wickedly and placed her hands together. I could practically see the money sign in her eyes. Mr. Krabs? Is that you?

"Two fortune tellings please!" Amane spoke, placing 200 yen in the women's hand.

"Who first?" She asked. I opened my mouth to say that Amane would, but he shoved me quickly towards the table.

"She will!" He yelled. The women pulled me to the table quickly while I gave the look of betrayal to the boy exiting the room.

The strange woman took my hand in hers and started to trace the lines in my palm. I squirmed around her when she started to mumble. There's no way she's gonna be accurate.

"Wow. Your past life is kinda sad." She gloomed. I jumped at the sudden normal sentence and looked at her from the side.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

The woman scratched her chin, contemplating whether she should tell me or not before making her final decision. "Your soulmate died before you two met. While he was living at least.

She leaned back in her chair and rested her feet on the table in front of her. I stood up quickly. Grossed out by her behavior in public. "He was bound by the red strings of fate. That's what ended him. Those strings so happened to be a relative. How tragic." She wiped away a fake tear.

I shuffled nervously out of the room before she could pester me about more money. She totally made that up. Didn't she?

Amane excitedly entered only to come out of the room a few minutes later. He looked upset as we started walking.

"What did she tell you?" I asked him.

"She said I died when I was thirteen. In my past life that is. But I had two past lives she could read? I dunno..." he shrugged. He glanced at me for a few seconds before shifting back to the ground.

"She told me my soulmate in my past life died before I could meet him." I smiled nervously. "Said that he was bound by the red strings of fate... and something about a relative?" I watched the boy for his reaction and he laughed.

"That sounds really sad." He laughed.

"That's what she said too!" I smiled. We fell into a warm silence as the day was ending. He was walking me back to the candy shop. "Amane." I spoke softly.

"Hmm?" He only hummed. His hands rested coolly in his pockets as we both stared at the setting horizon.

"Can you promise me to never be tied in the red strings of fate?" I asked him. If my past soulmate died due to them, I don't want the same thing to happen to someone I held so close to my heart.

Amane stopped walking and stared at my confused expression. "But what if that fate was you?" He tilted his head and smiled.

My cheeks started to warm up. That was one of the cheesiest sentences ever, but it melted my heart. How come only he made me feel this way?

"Then that would be up to you." I smiled along with him.

_______________________________
Thank you to all who read this! ❤️ I hope you enjoy the series so far.
Original release date: June 17 2020