Chapter 17

_________________
I'm truly,
Deeply ,
Madly
In love with you
One direction
_________________

Amane and I held hands as we walked down the road to my candy shop. His hand prevented me from going astray into the road because of my dizziness. He would laugh at me each time I would wobble and stop for a second. Then reach for something to keep my balance, only to realize there was never something there.

"You're still dizzy? It's been half an hour. You Must've hit your head hard then huh?" Amane said in a teasing voice. "Gosh (Y/n) I'm always here when your hurt aren't I? It's like I'm your babysitter."

"Shut up!" I yelled. "You're not always here. I'll have you know that I tripped and fell on the stairs today. Where were you then?"

Amane only laughed at my failure as I puffed out my cheeks. "Geez. What would you do without me?" He pulled me in with a swift tug and kissed me softly.

"I would still be liking you. That's what." I smiled as my cheeks beamed. He only smiled brighter and held my hand tighter. "I would be caught up in my thoughts because of you. Well, that happens anyways."

"Really? You naughty-" Amane's hand rose up to cover his mouth in a teasing manner.

I quickly interrupted him. "Shut up!"

The black-haired boy opened the door for me like the gentleman that he is. "My lady."

"My liege." I followed up on his joke and the both of us laughed plopping ourselves on the couch. "What should we do today?"

"Go to the grocery store!" My mom yelled from the kitchen. Her head popped from around the corner only a few seconds later. She had flour all over her hair. I could see her eyes light up when she saw Amane next to me. "Oh! And you go with her."

"We just got here," I complained. Plus I just sat down and I didn't feel like getting back up. Amane looked between my mother and I before nodding her head, deciding what the next best action was.

"Come on. I'll buy you juice while we're there." He stood up while dragging me by the hand. I whined for only a little bit. I should be used to Amane holding my hand by now but every sudden contact makes my heart race.

"Hmmm...Okay, I guess..." He swings both of our hands once again in rhythm. I could feel my mother's eyes on our backs as we walk out of the shop.

"She didn't even tell us what we needed." The orange-eyed boy spoke while looking at our joined hands.

"That's fine. I already know. We talked about it yesterday." It only took about ten minutes to get to the grocery store. Amane and I decided to split the work. He went to the front of the store while I walked to the back. My finger skimmed through the items in the freezer section. Grabbing a few of them before turning around to see the person I wanted to see the least.

"(Y/n)?" He started his way to me but I rudely turn my back.

"It's (L/n) to you. You're a stranger." I choked a bit on my words but swallowed it down. I needed to find Amane.

"For my own daughter to say that to me? It's like I murdered you or something." The man that I called father joked around and grabbed my shoulder to prevent me from going any further. I quickly tugged my way out of his grasp and squared up. I wanted to show him that I wasn't someone to be taken lightly. That I was more than what I seemed.

"You did." Mom should look at me now. Standing up to the man that ruined our lives. Mr. (L/n) hissed at my words and gripped onto my shoulder once more.

"Don't be dramatic. You're too young to understand what I did for both of you." His gripped tighten but my stare to his eyes never faltered. I impressed myself. I'm not that frightened little girl anymore.

"I seem to be old enough to understand that we don't love you anymore," I said harshly slapping his hand away. "Now if you'll excuse me, Mr. (L/n), I have an actual life to get back to, unlike you." I spotted Amane walking his way towards me. I quickly scrambled over to him and grabbed onto his arm.

Amane and Mr. (L/n) shared glares at each other. The man I once called father took notice of how the boy never faltered under his gaze. He remembered when He first met Amane at the shop. How scarred he was to be seen by anyone. Look at him. His posture shows dominance.

It was as if Amane's eyes read 'If you hurt her again...I'll kill you.' We left the store and I couldn't help but let out a small giggle.

"What happened back there?" Amane asked. He held the grocery bags with one hand while he held my own hand in the other.

"Just the dear old ex dad being a dear old ex dad." I laughed. I'm happy I handled that situation so well. I wanted to throw up on spot. Seeing the man that killed my prize possession. How dare he show his face around me. I'm surprised he didn't press on.

Luckily Amane didn't mention it any further. But I knew he had the lingering question in his eyes. I've never really addressed it either. What happened? Between my family. There's never been an explanation. He just changed. And we stopped loving him as we did back then.

It's a sad truth. Unfortunately, that's just reality.
_______________________________
Original release date: July 27 2020

I'm getting a little slower with writing. I know this chapter is shorter... Sorry! I'll try harder next week.