Chapter 21

This is the last chapter! I love you all. This has been an amazing journey that I've had, and it's been fun! Make sure to check out my new story colab with mintsuchii_ She is just wonderful!

                _________________
                           126 years later...
                _________________

"Have you heard?" My yellow-haired friend asked me. It was lunchtime and I was enjoying my still cold mochi. Her hand was held up as if she was telling a secret. Those bright sky eyes had stars.

"Princess, You're going to have to be a little more specific. I hear a lot of things. I chomped down on my mochi. Princess wasn't her real name. She just acted like one most of the time. Her actual name is Kouka Minamoto.

Kouka scoffed at my words "What are you? A news reporter? A drug dealer? Who talks like that?"

I laughed at her words and smiled. "Go on. Tell me what you're so excited about."

"I hear Hanako-San of the toilet is active again. He and his subordinates are back being school mysteries." She whispered.

My heart thumped wildly in my chest. I was a sucker for the paranormal. I jumped from my seat, dropping my half-eaten mochi. "How do you summon her!?"

Kouka laughed and held up her hand. "Now now (Y/n). You need to simmer down. You can only summon her if you have a wish!"

"A wish?" I sat back down in my seat and poked at my mochi with my chopsticks. "What kind of wish should I ask for?"

"Maybe luck with love? Finally." Kouka backed away from my seat knowing I would probably hit her after her remark.

"Shut the hell up," I growled. I never had the best luck with boys. I would creep them out. Whenever I asked them if they could see the Mokke too, they would just agree like they thought I was crazy. I hadn't seen any real ghost yet. I heard this school was swarmed with them. The seven mysteries. The seventh being the most popular.

After class, I found my feet trotting towards the old school building. But unfortunately, my trip was interrupted.

"(Y/n) I was hoping to talk to you for a moment. Would you come here please?"

I sighed and turned around. "Of course Tsuchigomori-Sensei."

Taking a seat in front of a desk; we were in the library. "I wanted to speak to you about the field trip coming up. You haven't turned in your paperwork for it yet." He walked around his desk and grabbed something from a tray. "Candy?"

I grabbed the piece and twisted it to look at its name. "Blackberry Knot from Sweet sweet shop? Didn't that place burn down like 100 years ago? This is an old piece of candy." I eyed my teacher.

"Don't worry, it's surprisingly still good. I'm not sure what the maker put in this thing but she did a good job." Sensei popped a knot in his mouth before taking his seat. "You remind me of the candy maker's daughter."

"You knew them?" I asked. I trusted his advice and plopped the knot into my mouth as well. For some reason, I wasn't surprised by the taste.

"They looked pretty young when I met them. I was young too but it looked like I hadn't aged much." He smiled.

"How old are y-"

"Alright! About that paperwork. Do you think you could turn it into me by tomorrow? I'm busy this weekend unless you want your parents to send me an email about it?" The man held his hands up to his mouth joined together.

"Oh! No need. I have it here." I handed him a piece of paper from my bag and stood up from the chair. "This is all you needed from me Sensei?"

He looked over the form and nodded. Then he went off to some other place in the library.

Finally, I had made it to the bathroom. I paced the area in front of the stalls in nervousness.

"don't worry. He's nice!"

"He plays cards with us all the time."

"We play Uno a lot but we always get him with the reverse card." The mokke has snickered.

The Mokke had crowded up the bathroom. Excited for their ghost friend to meet a living girl who could see things like themselves.

"He? Isn't Hanako-San a girl? Hanako-San has the bob cut right?" I asked as I leaned on the sink in front of the stall when the Mokke giggled.

They would never answer me.

"Hanako-San, Hanako-San." I began. I stood up straight in front of the stall and began knocking on it three times. "Are you there?"

The wind rushed through my hair as the stall opened violently. It had scared me so bad that I sat and covered my head underneath one of the sinks. "I d-don't mean h-harm! You don't gotta scare me like that, I promise! I'm not going anywhere!"

I heard shuffling for only a moment before some air blew into my ear. "Boo."

"Hush." I said, placing my hand over the ghost boy's mouth. Why could I touch him? I didn't know. It had always been this way for the Mokke as well. Yes. I had just Hushed Hanako. What's he gonna do about that?

His bright eyes shined like the sun. They started into mine out of curiosity. He was Intrigued. He removed my hand from his mouth. "Oh? This is new? What are you? Exorcist? You haven't come to take my soul away, have you? In that case..." he flew up into the air and placed his arms in an X formation. "No thank you."

"Exorcist? What's that? And no? I've come to make a wish. Just like everyone else."

"Oh! You're the second one this week! I really am popular, aren't I? Say, you know Yashiro Enan, don't you? He was the first since I've gotten back."

"Y-Yashiro? He's in his second year! I'm only a first. I don't really talk to them...

Hanako stared at me for a minute. He compared me to a wilting flower before lifting up my chin to meet his eyes. "What's your name?"

"O-oh! My name is (L/n) (Y/n)." I said shyly. I should've said that to begin with.

Hanako took out a notebook and started scribbling. "Uh-huh, Uh-huh. And what's your wish?"

"Well..." I looked out of the window. Should I really go through? It's a little embarrassing just to ask him straight up. Should I ask for something else?

I sighed and turned around facing him. Heat rose to my cheeks a little. "I wish to be friends with you!" I rushed out.

Hanako looked baffled. Did he think my wish was ridiculous? He suddenly began laughing. Although he was a ghost I could almost see some color come to his cheeks. His heart was warm. "What an odd request. Seems like I have no choice but to accept, (Y/n)."

________________________________
Final chapter original release date: September 14 2020