Chapter 12

_________________
I wanna
Hold your
Hand
The Beatles
_________________

Summer break was drawing in close. The heat was starting to get to all of us. I believed the only good part of summer was the pool.

Yes, you heard right. The pool was indeed opening. Less than a month in fact. But the ones putting in the hard work for it? The astronomy club. I, of course, offered to help the wonderful boy who turned my world upside down.

It was only Tuesday in the newly started week and I no longer had a reason to visit the piano room during lunch breaks. It's not like I could just waltz over to my house and play. At least five times an hour Tsukasa would throw small pieces of paper at me to get me to stop fiddling my fingers. During lunch, Amane held my hands in his so that I would stop tapping them against the floor.

You may think that I was yearning to get my hands on some piano keys. Well, that was what my friends thought. The truth was that I was extremely nervous or either excited to see Amane shirtless.

Did he have abs? Did he have a bird chest? Sure we've had water fights when I was little and...flat. And I've seen Tsukasa shirtless for some reason a number of times. For some reason?

Amane stared at me while I was contemplating silently. His mind was clouded by the events that happened the weekend prior and his face flushed red to think that he kissed me. He kissed the girl of his dreams just the other day and he couldn't believe it. All he knew is that he definitely wanted to do it again.

Aoi, Nene, and Tsukasa gathered around us and stared at the new couple fondly. They didn't know what was going on in their minds but it knew it was something about the other. It was an almost awkward silence but most of the attention was on the specific two.

The bell rang, signaling lunch was over and I jumped at the sudden noise. Amane's hands let go of mine in surprise but then he started laughing.

"Why are you so jittery today?" Amane smiled softly. We began walking back to class from the empty piano room. The three others began chatting away as they walked ahead of us.

"I honestly have no clue..." I lied. "Why were you so quiet during lunch?"

Amane's eyes widened and his hand immediately went for the back of his neck. "Oh, you know. I was thinking about...things."

My smile turned wicked as I thought I hit the jackpot. Amane was keeping something from me. And he's nervous about it! "About what?" I stepped closer to him and he looked away nervously.

"You? Duh." He said. My face burst into a new red color discovered and I held onto my cheeks. My body lowered down onto the floor. At least he wasn't lying.

Amane smirked at my reaction. He didn't know why it was hard to admit he was thinking about me when he already knew I liked him. He knew how easily it was to get flustered. So before we officially went into the classroom, he gave me a quick peck on the cheek.

I took my seat next to Tsukasa as my eyes showed swirls. This boy was dangerous. How could someone be like him? They couldn't! He was literally perfect and he didn't even try. I mean- sure he has flaws, but doesn't everybody?

Tsukasa poked my cheek with his pencil occasionally. I was no longer thinking about Amane being shirtless. I was thinking about how I wanted him to do that again. My mind soon went...elsewhere. I shook my head off those thoughts before trying to actually pay attention to today's lesson.