Chapter 3

Fortune was sort of confused with what he said and asked
"Did you say something?"
Just then Lixing Ji came back to his senses and shoved his thoughts aside.
"Its nothing!" He said and she nodded.
Sage found it way to Fortune's arms and yawned, indicating it wanted to sleep.
"Sage is feeling sleepy, I really need to get a place to stay!" Fortune said
"Just take a blanket from the chest and spread it over there." Lixing Ji directed to a corner but Fortune stood motionless, staring at him. "Why are you still standing here, get to it! Do you want your cat to sleep on your uncomfortable arms?" He folded his hands with an indifferent expression.
Fortune scoffed.
"How do you know my arms aren't comfortable? In fact, due to the soft texture of my skin its probably softer than a cushion and so its the best place to lay on." She proclaimed with a proud smile. She moved a few steps towards him and poked her head closer to him with a running smug. "You wanna try?"
"What are you talking about? Don't you have any self respect? How can you ask me such a question?" Lixing Ji asked with an irritated face
"Well, I can't really say I don't but I don't care. Now let me ask you this," she poked her head closer making the situation a bit awkward "...do you always let a strange girl stay at your place at such an hour?" She grinned. The closeness between them made Lixing Ji uncomfortable to the extent of making him blush and Fortune noticed it. "Ahh, you're actually blushing. That gives me my actual answer you don't!" She concluded
"Uh? What do you mean?" He asked feeling confused.
"Its easy, you don't have girls around at such a time because you're not the type that's fond of em and judging from what I've observed, you're the type that wants to be left alone to your martial arts, am I right?" She winked and giggled at seeing his shocked face, it was kind of funny but she didn't want to make fun of him any more.
Lixing Ji looked at her in between confusion and surprise. Though, she looked just like a silly adorable little girl, she was quite smart and in a way charming. His face turned red and he quickly looked away.
Although he quickly looked away, she still saw his face and smiled. She looked down at Sage and discovered her to be sound asleep. She got the blanket from the chest and spread it on the floor. Once that was done, she put Sage to lay down calmly.
"I guess I'll have to find a place to sleep as well." Fortune said stretching her arms  and walking about like a hopeless chicken.
Lixing Ji watched her for a while. He didn't know what to do about her and couldn't let her leave to the shakkels of the night. After much thought, he finally decided to let her sleep on his bed.
"Why not stay here and sleep on my bed?" He suggested with good intentions but she saw it the wrong way.
"What?! No!"she answered without a second thought.
"So you'd prefer to go out without any destination?" He asked
"Yeah! I'd rather sleep out on the street than sleep on the same bed with some infamous emperor." She answered seriously. Lixing Ji sighed and shaked his head.
"When I said you could sleep on my bed, I never said with me" he pointed out. There was a moment of silence as Fortune tried to process the information.
"Oh!" She exclaimed "Wait, if you don't sleep on the bed, where would you sleep?" She asked poking his shoulder.
"Are you worried about me?" He asked with a smug on his face.
"Pfft, please." She rolled her eyeballs "I'm just worried that you're not one to go for words and that you'd come up to me while I'm asleep and take advantage of me, after all, I am a girl and you're a boy" She said and he frowned
"Am not a scum! I won't sleep here tonight so you nothing to be scared of." he said walling towards the door. He stopped and looked back with a smirk "Besides you're not my type." with that he left just like that.
Fortune looked at the bed. There were a little pieces of wood left on it from the broken roof. She shaked her head and cleared it since it was her mess. After all of it was cleared l, she dropped lazilly. She kept thinking of all the possibilities to show that all this was a mirage and that once she closed her eyes and opened it, everything will turn out to be a dream and that arrogant brute would actually be fake. She smiled warmly and closed her eyes.