Chapter 11

"How dare you cut my hair?!" Fortune exclaimed with a bitter tone. The assassin proceeded to attacking her with his knife. She wasn't going to stand there and let him do whatever he liked. It was time to put to practice, all her trainings at school.
Fortune immediately bent down and dodged his attack. She took hold of his hand and twisted it backwards and threw him down to the floor. She didn't stop at that, she broke his wrist, which held the knife and he screamed in pain.
Lixing Ji heard the scream and thought of Fortune. He immediately rushed towards the pool house with his guards following behind.
He got there and was stunned by what he saw.
"How dare you cut my hair? Who sent you? Do you know how long it took for me to grow it this long?" Fortune barked angrily
'Just because of her hair, she becomes so vicious?!' Lixing Ji thought
Fortune raised her head to see Lixing Ji speechless.
"Hey, infamous emperor, this guy snuck up on me and cut two strands of my hair. As if that wasn't enough, he tried to cut more of it." She reported and Lixing Ji walked towards her.
'She's really naive!' He thought "You can let him go now, I'll take care of it." He said to her.
"Don't worry, I'll teach him a good lesson." Fortune insisted "Next time, he'll think twice before taking this job!" She twisted his broken wrist earning a very painful scream from him.
"Ahhhhh!" The assassin screamed "Save me please. I'll do anything, please save me from her." He pleaded earnestly.
Lixing Ji bent down and asked;
"Who sent you?"
"It was a maid from this palace. She told me to do this." The assassin answered terrified.
"What did she tell you to do?" Lixing Ji further inquired.
"She sent me to scar her face!"
"What?!?" Fortune exclaimed "That's even worst. My face is so flawless, tell me... " She twisted his wrist more "... who's maid was it?"
"I... I think its the empress' maid. She said something like 'The empress is going to be very pleased' that's what she said." The assassin said
Fortune had a dark expression and Lixing Ji noticed it. He immediately signaled a guard to take the assassin away.
"Tomorrow, all the empress' maid shall be assembled and the assassin will identify which maid it was that passed out this order. I will not take this matter lightly." He ordered.
"Yes your highness!" They chorused but didn't move an inch even after seizing the assassin.
"Why are you still standing here?" He asked and traced their gaze to Fortune, who had only a towel wrapped around her cheat with dripping hair. He then realized that her half naked body was actually so enchanting. "Cover your eyes!" He yelled at the guards and immediately took off his robe to cover her. "I don't want to hear about this from anyone, now scram!" He barked and in the blink of an eye, they were gone.
Fortune had a dangerous killing intent on her. She looked like she could kill, any moment from now.
Then, it hit her that she was still on a towel and Lixing Ji had covered with his robe.
"Ahh!" She screamed with embarrassment and ran towards the dresser. Lixing Ji stared at her in bewilderment.
"This girl is so unpredictable!" He remarked shaking his head and then smiled. It was nice seeing her embarrassed for the first time. Now, he was assured that she was like every other girl.
When she came out from the dresser, she was already over the incident between them because her mind was busy scheming on how to get even with the empress.
"Hey, don't think too much!" Lixing Ji warned.
"Why shouldn't I think too much? She almost disfigured me. I don't know what I did to deserve this cruel plot. She even went as far as my face? Its not my fault that am more pretty than her. And I will make sure to get even with her, hmph!" She nagged and then looked at Lixing Ji, he was awfully quiet. "Why aren't you saying anything?"
"What should I say?" He shrugged his shoulders and this got her really annoyed.
"I just got attacked and you have nothing to say?"
Lixing Ji stopped on his tracks and so did she. He turned to her and leaned closer. His face was just inches away from her. They were awfully close now that her face reddened. He move closer and said;
"You should know how to cover yourself around men. It make me uncomfortable!" He said and entered his chambers with her behind.
On hearing that, Fortune regained her thoughts and said;
"It wasn't my fault that I was attacked in the pool house. Besides... " she smirked mischievously "... you sound a bit jealous, so tell me, are you jealous?" She raised her eyebrows in expectation and earned a flick on her forehead "ouch! What was that for?"
"Ahem!" He cleared the throat. "That's for thinking too much." He said and quickly looked away but Fortune had already caught the shade of red in his cheeks.
"Oh, I see. You're blushing!" She snickered. "His majesty is blushing! His majesty is blushing!" She sang loudly with the aim of informing everyone.
Lixing Ji tried to shit her up bit she was too stubborn to listen. He quickly took hold of her hand and covered her mouth causing them to both fall on the bed.
"Is anything wrong, your majesty?" The guard stationed outside asked. He must have heard Fortunes voice.
"Nothings wrong. Leave now!" Lixing Ji answered and he left
"Infamous emperor?" Fortune called over her closed mouth and he turned to look at her. "Do you know what happens when a boy and a girl are lying on the same bed together?" She asked calmly.
"No!" He had no inferior motive, so when she said this, he answered without thinking of what exactly she meant by that.
Fortune didn't say anything further. She just stared at him. Not wanting ruin the  this peaceful moment between them, she decided not to explain what she had just said.
'My heart is beating so fast! Isn't this wrong? I shouldn't take his ignorance for granted. I'm supposed to tell him to get off but, I kinda like it like this!'
"Lixing Ji was stuck in her eyes. They we're pure and lovely. He didn't mind getting lost on its charms. He wanted to get off but her eyes wouldn't let him.
'Why does this silly girl have such lovely eyes?' He thought 'Maybe its like this in the place she comes from.'
"Hey!" Fortune finally said and it brought him back to his senses. "Do you want to stay like this all night? Get off!"
"Oh! Sorry!" He apologized and got off. It was really awkward that he didn't dare to look her in the eye. "I'm going out, sleep here again!" He said and without hesitation, he quickly left.
Fortune glanced at Sage, who was curled up in a corner and fast asleep. She decided to go to sleep as well.
Fortune lay on the bed thinking. Where exactly was he going to sleep. She caused him so much inconvenience that he had to find a place to sleep elsewhere. As the emperor that wouldn't be a problem but, it was cold outside. He might catch a cold.
"What am I thinking about? It shouldn't bother me, I need to sleep." Sh said to herself and wanted yo act like it really didn't bother her, but she couldn't. She spent the night thinking about him.
Late into the night, just after Fortune had slept. Lixing Ji went into the room. He watched her as she slept. She looks so peaceful when she's asleep. No one would guess that she had a rebellious attitude.
He stroked her hear gently and sighed.
"Little girl, what have you done to me?" He asked himself and left.
As soon as he left, Fortune opened her eyes.
"The question should be, what have you done to me?" She bit her lower lip gently and decided to go to sleep hoping that the next day would be great.