Chapter 15

That night, Fortune woke up and saw Lixing Ji busy with some paper work. She yawned and looked at him for a while.
"Meow!" Sage moved towards her and she rubbed its fur. She placed her finger on her lips to keep her quiet, while she would surprise Lixing Ji.
Fortune got out from the bed and tiptoed towards him.
"Boo!" She exclaimed but he did not seem surprise at all. Instead, he looked upset. "What's wrong? Did I do anything wrong?" She asked and he shook his head. He closed the book in his hand and sighed.
"Am upset with you!" He said plainly
"What did I do now?" She asked with so much interest.
"Am upset because you make me worry. I don't like seeing you suffer but yet, you're too stubborn." He said and turned to look at her. She squatters down and listened to him with a comforting smile. "What are you smiling for?"
"Why wouldn't I smile? You care about me so much that I don't know how to react. So cute!" She giggles but he frowned.
"This is not a simple matter. How do you expect me to concentrate when I think of you getting into trouble always?" He looked at her with a serious expression.
"Am sorry! I don't mean to make you worry but honestly, I can take care of myself!" She said boldly and stood up straight. She walked towards him and placed her hands on his shoulders. "Am not at fault, you know? I didn't want to pick a fight while you were away, but that stupid empress wouldn't let me be."
"I know you wouldn't do that, but did you by any chance provoke her?" He asked and she shrugged her shoulders, showing a nonchalant attitude.
"I didn't need to! I just saw her and walked by, my beauty must have been a huge threat!" She emphasized by rubbing her cheeks lovingly.
"Sure enough, you're response was sure to be silly!" He laughed lightly and on seeing that she smiled. His mood was finally bright.
Fortune walked back to the bed and sat down. She carries Sage on her lap and gently stroke her fur.
"By the way, why aren't you sleeping? Its really late and according to my observation, you should have been gone by now." She said and watched him as he stood up.
"Do I need to leave at this point?" He asked walking towards her.
"What do you mean?" She asked and felt a bit uneasy as he leaned towards her. Sage quickly jumped off and scurried away to its corner.
"Think about it. What so you think I would do to you at this time?" He asked with a sinister smile.
"Argh, get away!" Fortune immediately hid herself under the blanket. Her face had turn into a red tomatoes all of a sudden. "Am warning you, I can kill and even bite! So, beware and don't come any closer!" She declared and then heard a series of laughter outside the blanket. She slowly peeked out and found him laughing. What was so funny?
"I thought you were brave, how is it that you're scared all of a sudden?" He asked and kept laughing.
Fortune took one of the pillows and threw it at him in a fit of rage.
"Do you wanna test me? I can go at it any time. Do your worst!" She dared.
"Am just warning up, I truly didn't want to do anything and you were already trembling!"
"Of course you couldn't do anything, I would just over power you even though you're a guy, hmph!" She said with her nose high up with pride.
"If that's the case then, I'd like to see you in action but, for no, its too late and you've got injuries all over your body. I don't want you to feel the pain at all but, as compensation, I'll go easy on you when we get at it!"
"Idiot! Who's gonna go easy on who?" She threw the second pillow at him while he laughed. It was truly great to see her so energetic even after she was so hurt.
"Alright!" He walked towards her and held her hand. "You need to rest, its been quite a day for you and tomorrow's another day so, get some sleep." He said and she nodded.
"Wow! This feels strange!" She exclaimed as she lay on the bed calmly.
"What does?" He asked
"All this! It feels so relaxing to have someone who cares for me other than my grandpa. I love the feeling." She smiled.
Lixing Ji looked at her and smiles as well.
"Then do you mind sharing the bed with me?" He asked. Fortunes face turned red and her thoughts started to sway. "I promise I won't do anything to you. Its too late and so I can't go out to find a place..." She stopped him from saying more.
"I completely understand! But, if you try anything, I will kill you!" She threatened looking very scary and then smiled it off.
Lixing Ji saw her smile of approval and made his way to lay down beside her. He made sure to keep his distance and not make her uncomfortable.
Fortune was rather uncomfortable that he was keeping a distance from her so she moved towards him and he would move away.
"If you keep moving, you might as well fall to the floor!" She whispered
"But... "
"Shss!" She hushed him and moved closer. "The night is cold, so the best thing to do now is to cuddle ourselves through."
"What do you think about all day? Why would you want to cuddle me on bed?" He asked.
"Its cause I like you! So nothing else matters." She giggled and he went ahead. Surely, he had wanted to hug her and keep her warm in his embrace but he thought that it was a step too far. But now that she took the initiative, he couldn't let the opportunity pass by.
Sulking into his warm embrace, Fortune felt so relaxed and hoped that time would just stop. It was like living in a dream that she never had. It was magical and splendid.
She looked up at this comforting being, he was so majestic that even with his eyes closed, he had emanated the feel of authority.
Then, Fortune noticed that he had long eyelashes and his brows were just perfect. His skin was so smooth, much smoother than most girls in the modern time.
'I didn't know it until now, this guy looks really formidable and is so good looking' she blushed at her thoughts 'Sure enough, the guy I fall in love with is so perfect that I am starting to feel jealous. I just wish i had met him earlier and then I wouldn't have to be so lonely. I wish he would remain by my side forever' she yawned and let nature take its course.