Chapter 19

Lixing Ji banned Fortune from going out for the next few days that she would rest to recuperate. It was boring but she had to obey for her own good.
Lixing Ji has secretly found a way to send Fortune back but hoped that she would never ask to leave, so he did not tell her about it. He simply wanted to stay with her happily.
One day, he visited her with the aim to show her the snow peonies just before winter was over. He made sure that she was well clothes and found a thick cloak just for her. She didn't mind, just as long as she got out of the room for the tine being.
Seeing the peonies was like she was in the garden back in her world. There were also peonies that bloomed in winter in her side, and she grew sad with the thought. Her grandpa had personally planted those peonies, along with some white roses and white lotus. They were a perfect collection in that part of the garden and now, she missed it all.
Lixing Ji noticed that she was sad and decided to ask;
"What's the matter? Do you feel hurt anywhere? Are you in pain?" He looked at her with concern and she shook her head.
'He cares so much about me, I shouldn't bother him with my problems' she thought and managed to smile. "Its nothing. I just feel a little tired." She said.
"Then do you want to go back and rest?" He asked and she nodded. Lixing Ji saw this as a little strange. She had been dying to come out of the room for days, but now that she's out, the moment she sees the peonies, she wants to go back in. She must have been sad about something that's why she didn't want to stay out anymore. He sighed and said "Then I'll escort you back." He offered and she walked ahead while he walked behind her still feeling worried.
Just outside the room, a eunuch came forward and whispered a few things to Lixing Ji.
"Little girl, I'll be gone for a while." He said and she nodded absent mindedly. He saw this and sighed. He followed the eunuch while Fortune went in. She took off the cloak with Lynne and Reis help then dismissed them.
Fortune sat by the window with Sage curled up on her lap and stroke her fur gently.
"Sage, what do you think grandpa could be doing at this cold time?" She asked and Sage meowed. "I thought so!" She kept staring out and kept sighing.
Meanwhile, the empress, Meng Meng had been released from the frozen palace and give one chance to redeem herself. Instead of reflecting on her previous actions, she was bent hard on getting revenge and exposing Fortune as a slutty woman. She planned out everything and made sure that she was away from Lixing Ji as well as her maids. This day was the perfect day for her to take action.
Fortune didn't know what came over her they she started filming with her phone. Guess she was too bored and sad, so she wanted to do something lively. She placed her phone were it could view every angle in the room and started moving about. But, before she could do any thing else, there was a knock on the door. She placed Sage in the bed where no one would see her and walked to open the door. Surprisingly, it was Meng Meng and seeing her made Fortune want to puke. She was the last person she wanted to see on this cold and sad day.
"May I help you, your majesty?" She asked rather respectful.
"I just came by with some hot and delicious food to share with you. Its so cold and hot food can drive away the cold." Meng Meng smiled. Fortune glanced at the food flask in her hands and then at her.
"Thank you, but am not hungry." She said and wanted to shut the door but Meng Meng was persistent.
"Then would you like a cup of tea?" She asked and Fortune sigh.
'I know they told her to redeem herself but, does it have to be with me?' Fortune thought wearily and just let her in. "Okay!"
Meng Meng came in and looked around. This was the emperors chambers and she had hardly been inside.
"Have a seat!" Fortune gestured her to sit and Meng Meng's Maud brought tea. Looking at the tea, Fortune was a bit suspicious but seeing Meng Meng take the lead, she had nothing to say about it and drank the tea without restraints.
'Your little charade will be over soon. Just wait, the emperor will no longer want you' Meng Meng thought as she sipped her tea. 'I wonder what's so good about you that the emperor refuses to believe the accusations that are placed on you. You must have put him in a spell. Sorry to say but, today's your last day in this palace' She smiled viscously but Fortune didn't see that smile. She was too busy drinking tea to notice and had let her guard down completely.
After taking about two cups of tea, Fortune felt a bit sleepy and just like that, she fell asleep.
Meng Meng smiled at the sight of this and laughed.
"Now let's see, how high and mighty you will be after you are exposed for the slit you are." She laughed and gave the maid the go ahead. "Now let's see, how you are going to scale through this one."
They carried Fortune to the bed. Unknowingly to them, Sage was busy sleeping close to her and she had started waking up.
They paid a eunuch to do away with her and when they are caught, to tell the people that she seduced him. And by that time, the aphrodisiac will take effect and she will not be able to control herself.
It was an evil plan indeed but such a plan could have been successful if they were going up against the ancient girls. This was Fortune, such schemes were not enough to pull her down.
The paid eunuch entered the room and the door was locked from the outside. He walked towards Fortune on the bed, with lust in his eyes and a long line of drool running down his mouth. Just as he stretched his hand to undress her, she caught it and muttered.
"Get away from me, you disgusting perverted guy!"
Though, her eyes were closed, she could still tell that there was a guy who wanted to strip her and he was sent by no other person but the silly excuse for a empress.