Chapter IV:Knuckle's Hope/Extras

Knuckle didn't know what to do at first.

The last memories that he had was that of his family members that stood by his bedside as he took in his last breath.

Then,when he opened his eyes again,he saw that....he was in a new world.

It was...weird to be alive again:he's been living here in this world for seven years of his life,and yes--he was aware of what was happening around him as he came out of his mother's womb.

No,no,he wasn't exactly embarrassed at all at remembering how he came out!

In fact,he was...happy.

Though he wished that he could have received his past lives memories when he was older,but well...who was he to complain?

He actually enjoyed his new life:a bit guiltily,if he might say so,but if Primo was in his place he would have liked it too if the said man enjoyed his new life as well.

...Yes,even if that meant forgetting one's past life.

Sure,it was hard,but what else could anyone have done?It was the only way...

Knuckle--now known as Akimichi Choza--didn't want to lose his current family by dwelling in the past and letting it control his future decisions.

So he did what Primo would have wanted him to do.

He lived.

He went on with his life and made friends...went to school...he had a family,unlike his past life.

Everything seemed to go well at first...

Then,suddenly,his perfect life was turned upside down again and everything went downhill.

The cause?

It was the one and only Namikaze Minato,the blond who was aspiring to be a Hokage someday,the eternal rival of Uzumaki Kushina.

(Or so she thought--Knuckle knew that there was a high chance that Uzumaki and Namikaze would end up together judging from how they started off as rivals...that's usually how love stories start too,from what he can see from two of his fellow comrades in his past life.)

It started off as normal.

...But pretty soon,he noticed the weird behavioural patterns and the way the other spoke that seemed all too(achingly) familiar to him and he couldn't help hoping for just who exactly he thinks it is.

He knew he should have given up on the hope that the others might be in the same world/universe as him the moment he realized that he got reincarnated;but he just couldn't.

The broken and lost bonds of a missing Sky and his fellow Elements hurt too much for him to think it all of as a dream!

....It was all to beautiful to dismiss it as a mere figment of imagination...those fleeting,but touching moments,the camaraderie that he felt whenever the familgia's boss and fellow guardians bantered...the fierce protectiveness that they felt for one another and the feeling of betrayal from Daemon Spade.

It was all too realistic to be called a dream.

Try as he might,he couldn't ignore the fact that there was that burningly passionate yellow flame that he knew all too well...his Sun flames that he used to heal the sick with as a priest or to help others around.

The special power that helped build Vongola as a clam that protected the weak,which was its' pearl.

So he waited.

He hoped against all odds.

He observed the blond for a few months...

...And his hard-earned efforts were rewarded.