𝟮 - 𝗙𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗖𝗵𝗿𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗺𝗮𝘀 𝗧𝗼𝗴𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿

PEAS IN A POD: THAT'S WHAT KEVIN, JOE, NICK, AND ELISA ARE AFTER THE DAY THEY FIRST MET

PEAS IN A POD: THAT'S WHAT KEVIN, JOE, NICK, AND ELISA ARE AFTER THE DAY THEY FIRST MET. They did practically everything together and were basically joined at hip; you'd always see them with each other running around the neighborhood together, playing their little games and becoming each other's best friends and family. This year was their first Christmas together and Joe and Kevin were determined to get their little brother and best friend — who has basically became like a little sister after the very first day they met — to confess with a little something they had up their sleeves.

Nick felt his cheeks turn red in embarrassment as his brothers teased him; Joe making kissy faces at him. The four of them have always been so close — given their parents gave the four the nickname "The Four Musketeers" — Nick and Joe have always been "thick as thieves."

"She's not my girlfriend!" Nick said, his cheeks bright red in embarrassment.

Kevin smirked. "Then why are you blushing?"

"Admit it! You like Eli!" Joe said, hiding a mistletoe behind him that him and Kevin were planning to use for their plan — unknown to Nick and Elisa, everyone pretty much knew of their little plan but of course, everyone but Nick and Elisa knew.

"Do not!" Nick protested.

"Do too!" Joe protested, Kevin looked out the window with a smirk.

"Oh, Nicky, Eli's here!" Kevin lied, smirking while trying to keep his snickers to himself.

Nick felt his eyes widen and he quickly went to join his brother on the couch, looking out the window. He sent his brothers a glare when he didn't see the car and when he heard them laughing.

"You guys suck!" Nick childishly complained.

"Nick and Elisa sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Joe and Kevin teasingly sung with smirks on their faces.

Nick let his body slide against the couch, trying to make himself look small while his cheeks turned bright red with embarrassment. To say that Kevin and Joe enjoyed teasing their little brother was a understatement. They were having the time of their lives doing it! Every minute they've got, they were always teasing him — whenever they were with Elisa or not.

"Mom! Dad!" Nick childishly whined at his parents when he saw them just standing there while his brothers teased him.

Denise giggled while Paul chuckled. "Yes, Nick?"

"Tell them to stop!"

"Not till you admit that Eli's your girlfriend!" Kevin smirked.

"She's not my girlfriend! She's just my— our best friend!" Nick whined.

"Yeah, but you like her." Joe smirked, making sure that his little brother couldn't spot the mistletoe he was hiding behind him. "Either way, we'll get our answer tonight."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Nick asked.

"Nothing!" Kevin and Joe quickly said, not wanting to reveal their plan — only for their little brother to stare at them suspiciously.

Once everyone was there, Nick had quickly forgot about his suspicions on his brothers and was overjoyed when Elisa arrived — only for Joe and Elisa's older brother, Luke to do the kissy faces at them much to their embarrassment while everyone else was clearly loving the moment. But when Nick and Elisa were least expecting it, Kevin and Joe smirked and nodded at each other — Joe held up a mistletoe above his little brother and best friend slash little sister, making Nick and Elisa sent a glare in their direction while their cheeks turn bright red.

"There's only one way to escape the mistletoe." Joe smirked, holding it above them.

"Why are you guys making us do this?" Nick and Elisa asked in unison.

"Because you like each other," Kevin smirked. "Oh, and everyone but you two knew about this."

They blinked and looked over at Emma and Luke. "You knew?" Elisa asked.

Emma nodded. "Yep! So did mom and dad!"

With their cheeks turning bright red in embarrassment, Nick and Elisa shyly looked away from each other while Joe kept the mistletoe above their heads. "You're not gonna leave us alone till you get what you want, aren't you?" Nick asked, knowing his brothers and his best friends way too good.

"Nope!" Joe and Kevin said.

Elisa blushed lightly and looked at Nick. "Don't freak out about this?" She asked softly.

"Freak out about—"

Before Nick could finish, Elisa kissed him, making both of their cheeks turn pink lightly and their stomachs fluttered with butterflies. Standing there with big grins on their faces, Kevin and Joe blinked as they watched — thinking that their plan actually worked.

"They actually did it." Kevin told Joe.

"I thought it was gonna be on the cheek, but this is even better!" Joe said.

So, when the kiss ended, Nick had this dreamily look — and smile — on his face while the two of them blushed lightly, their cheeks turning a seeable pink from what just happened. Joe and Kevin smirked and decided to see if the rest of their plan worked.

"So, you two gonna confess?" They asked, and that was enough to make Nick and Elisa glance over at them, saying the same thing together in unison.

"Don't push your luck."

"Oh, come on!"

But throughout the day, Nick still had that dreamily smile on his face while his mind kept going back to the kiss. Just thinking about it — it made his stomach feel nervous as if he had butterflies flying around in there. But just when the day was over and everyone was heading to sleep, Nick laid in his bed with that smile on his face, thinking about the kiss.

"Best Christmas ever." He mumbled to himself, closing his eyes and drifting off to sleep with the kiss on his mind. This was his best Christmas and he was never going to forget it.

( author's note )

Normally, this chapter was gonna be some brotherly-moments between the brothers but then I thought, why not do both. Besides everyone loves a adorable  mistletoe kiss! Plus I figured I added Kevin and Joe teasing Nick in for everyone.