𝟭𝟲 - 𝗚𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗕𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗧𝗼𝗴𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿

THE NOW ENGAGED COUPLE HAVE LOVED BEING ENGAGED AND WERE VERY HAPPY TOGETHER; BUT THERE WAS ONE THING NEEDED STILL

THE NOW ENGAGED COUPLE HAVE LOVED BEING ENGAGED AND WERE VERY HAPPY TOGETHER; BUT THERE WAS ONE THING NEEDED STILL. Elisa Evans sat on the couch, staring at the photos she kept in a book. Every photo she stared at made memories replayed over and over in her head like clockwork. It felt like it was only yesterday where she was a little girl with her best friends, who were just starting their music careers. Everything used to be perfect till everything came crashing down for all of them.

She felt someone sit next to her and she didn't need to look to know that it was her fiancé, Nick Jonas. She felt him wrap a arm around her, pulling her close to him and she rested her head on his shoulder while the two of them sat in silence, letting memories replay in their heads.

"Do you miss them?" Elisa asked softly, even though she already knew the answer.

Nick nodded and hummed softly in agreement, "Yeah, I do." He whispered quietly.

Elisa let her eyes fell from the photos to the two phones that rested on the table, feeling the urge to try to talk to her best friends again. She missed Joe and Kevin so much, and she knew that Nick missed his brothers too. He missed looking over his shoulders and seeing his brothers there with him. Even though both Nick and Elisa would have the same gig together, they both miss looking over their shoulders to see Joe and Kevin when it was just the four of them doing this, like the old days.

She didn't notice that Nick had took his phone when she saw her phone screen lit up with a notification. She took her phone and clicked on the notification, reading it with her head on Nick's shoulder still.

Nick : I miss you guys.

She stared at the screen, hoping that Kevin and Joe would reply, but she didn't want to give herself false hope. Just when she went to put her phone down, two unexpected text messages came through.

Kevin : I miss us too.

Joe : I don't understand.

Elisa blinked the tears away and typed a response, sending it when she was done.

Elisa : I miss us. Just the four of us hanging out. Like the old days.

Nick : Can we meet up?

She and Nick held their breaths, hoping that Joe and Kevin really did want to see everyone again.

Joe : Time and place?

Elisa released a breath she didn't know she was holding, relieved that he was willing to do this again.

Nick : My place, 6?

Joe : Sure...

Kevin : See you guys...

She placed her phone back on the table and cuddled into Nick's arms who pulled her closer to him, holding her. She looked up at him and he looked down at her, they leaned in and shared a kiss before they fell asleep within in each other's hold.

*

The next morning, Elisa woke up in Nick's arms and blinked, adjusting her eyes to the bright light. She looked up at Nick and gave him a quick peck on the cheek before she softly and gently shook him, waking him up. When he woke up, she shared one look with him and from seeing the nervousness in her green eyes, he instantly remembered what happened last night. After getting ready, the doorbell rung and Elisa stepped out of hers and Nick's bedroom, heading towards the front door. She opened it and there he stood, Kevin Jonas, one of her best friends.

She struggled to hold back her tears as she swallowed nervously. "Kev?" She asked softly, wanting to make sure that her eyes weren't playing tricks on her.

"Hey, Eli," he said softly, not seeing the best friend that he and his brothers were always seen with for years.

Elisa then threw her arms around her best friend and Kevin instantly hugged her back. Elisa gently closed her eyes, missing one of her best friends that was like a older brother to her; both Kevin and Joe were her best friends who became older brothers to her.

"I missed you so much, Kev," Elisa whispered.

"I missed you too, Eli," Kevin whispered.

After the hug between the reuniting best friends, Elisa let Kevin into the place and smiled softly as Nick and Kevin shared a much needed brotherly hug; all that was needed was Joe. Nick and Kevin pulled away from the hug and awkward silence filled between them for a while. After a while of catching up, the doorbell rung again and they shared a look.

"Must be Joe," Elisa said softly.

Nick felt the guilt came back at the mention of his other brother. Him and Joe were as "thick as thieves" and everyone knew it. Elisa gave her fiancé a assuringly smile and went to open the door. She reached the door and took a deep breath, putting her hand on the handle and opening it to come face to face with Joe.

"Joe." She breathed softly at the sight of her other best friend who also became like her older brother.

"Eli." Joe said softly at the sight of his best friend who was like a little sister to him — especially since she was the only sister he's had.

Elisa pulled him in for a hug and hugged him tightly, tears watered her eyes. Joe instantly returned the hug with a few tears in his eyes. After the hug, she let him into the house and Nick struggled to swallow the guilt that lumped in his throat at the sight of his other big brother. She glanced between the three of them and gestured for them to hug since it was needed between the three. Slowly but hesitant, three Jonas brothers hugged, neither one wanting to let go since it was years since they last saw each other.

Once the three brothers released the hug, Nick mentioned for Elisa to stand next to him — which she did so. Nick wrapped a arm around her waist and Elisa held his hand gently, the group of the childhood best friends stared at each other. Joe and Kevin did notice the engagement ring but decided to ask them later since they had important stuff to talk about first.

"Now what do we do?" Kevin asked gently, sharing a glance with all of them.

"Maybe we play a therapeutic drinking game," Nick suggested.

Elisa thought about for a bit, glancing between them before sucking in a deep breath. There was a lot of people in the world that they can help or inspire them just by sharing their story. Maybe it's time for that and in the meantime of that, heal the wounds that were broken in the past.

"Well... maybe it's time we share our story?"

( author's note )

We are now at Chasing Happiness! I wanna do it differently than I did in ROLLERCOASTER and make it more like an actual documentary. So, I hope you guys like it.