8. Perfect Day, Perfect Wedding

Miyuki stood adjusting the main microphone when Yamato approached the stage, “Kakashi-Senpai has asked me to help with your sound check.” He said from the grass in front of her at centre stage. “Thank you, Yamato, but that won’t be necessary.” Katsu interrupted as he adjusted his mic to her left. “Yeah, you’ve done so much for us already. The stage is lovely.” Miyuki added. “Isn’t this the third time you’ve helped us today? Seriously, if you’re needed elsewhere, you should go. You’re going to get yourself overworked.” Ryuu said from where he stood to Miyuki’s right. Yamato rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment, “Thanks. But are you sure? I can come by again once the Kage have settled.” He asked in slight worry. Miyuki smiled, “We’ll be fine, Yamato. Go tell Kakashi he doesn’t pay you well enough.” She half-joked. Yamato chuckled, “Alright then. I’m off. Good luck you guys.” Yamato waved with an oddly content smile, reclosing the curtain, and with that, Ryuu called for everyone’s attention on stage.

Behind them, on drums, bass guitar and keyboard, was the Blue Birds Band. “Alright team. We’ve worked hard these last two weeks, and I think we’ve really worked well together in achieving our shared goal. To honour Naruto and Hinata’s wedding in song. Final sound check, before the guests arrive. And remember we meet here straight after the ceremony for a performance that will knock there socks off. Let’s do this!” Ryuu air fisted. “Yeah!” the band and his siblings exclaimed, feeling pumped up by his enthusiasm and ready to give their wedding gift.

When their sound check finished, they left the stage to mingle with the guests who had begun arriving. They first spotted Kakashi as he left Iruka’s side and decided to give the Hokage their thanks with a bow. Kakashi sweat-dropped, “Come on guys, it’s just me. I didn’t do much.” He said in embarrassment. “Well, that’s not true. You picked the venue and brought everyone together for Naruto’s wedding.” Ryuu told him. Miyuki put a hand on her hip, “You can’t tell me, you blame yourself for everything that goes wrong, but don’t never take credit for the things that go right.” She said with a skeptical eyebrow. Kakashi averted his gaze from her, placing his hands in his pockets, “Well… when you put it like that…” he responded cryptically.

Just then, Ryuu took a deep breath and exhaled in content, “Ah! The perfect day for the perfect wedding.” He said confidently. Katsu nodded, when he suddenly spotted Guy and Lee, “What? They doing hand stands with dumbbells… Now???” he asked in disbelief. Kakashi and Miyuki sweat-dropped, “Oh gees.” She said. Ryuu face-palmed. Kakashi chuckled, “Well, that’s Guy for you.” Suddenly Ryuu’s jaw dropped, “Ayame looks amazing! I mean… Hey, is Teuchi seriously using her to promote his business here? Oh no, we can’t have that!” Ryuu said, jogging off to save his damsel in distress. Miyuki sighed and shook her head, “And that’s Ryuu for you. I would say don’t mix business with pleasure, but she’s really nice. Pretty too.” She said to Katsu. “He should just tell her already. Anyway, I’m going to go find out if Shikamaru is dating the Kazekage’s sister.” Katsu pointed out to Shikamaru holding Temari’s hand in the distance. “Just be careful.” Miyuki chuckled. Katsu nodded and then left, leaving Kakashi and Miyuki standing side by side, overlooking the reception.

For some reason, Kakashi felt awkward with this, and Miyuki picked up on it. She placed hair behind her ear, “Well, I must admit, everything is looking great. Though, you might have been overworking Yamato.” She said playfully. “Yeah… I didn’t mean to.” He admitted. “You clean up nicely, by the way.” She complimented, adjusting the red handkerchief in his jacket pocket. “I could say the same to you.” He teased back. Miyuki smirked playfully before turning away when she suddenly gasped. Absentmindedly, she placed her hands over Kakashi’s chest as she spotted someone out the corner of her gaze. “Hey look, there’s Kurenai and little Mirai. Oh, she looks so adorable… I’m going to go say hi.” She said, sliding off his suit and arm, fixated on where she was heading. Kakashi watched as she left him with a sad smile and told himself what he had hoped to say to her, “You look beautiful…”