17. Who's this Guy?

Kakashi strolled with his hands in his pockets while Miyuki walked with an arm locked around one of his. She looked to the ground, absentmindedly kicking tiny stones when she mumbled, “What happened to you?” she asked. “Hmm?” he replied, casually looking back to her. “I mean I know I called you a jerk, but you’re nothing like you used to be.” She explained. He hummed towards the ground in thought before replying, “I guess, Team 7 happened. Naruto had an influence on all of us.” She smiled up at him, “Well, I’m glad he did.” Kakashi grew a gentle smile, “It’s good to see you like this.” He quietly spoke. Her expression turned curious, “Like what?”

“Happy.”

Miyuki halted their strolling, “What is it?” he asked. She then grew a smirking grin and began poking at him with her free hand, “Well, well. I didn’t think you’d notice.” She teased. He playfully rolled his eyes before beginning to chuckle as they walked on in glee. The pair (or should I say couple) continued their stroll until reaching the Hokage’s office, blissfully unaware of all the looks they had received until, “Lord Hokage!” Shizune said, running up with sheets of paper in hand. “Hmm?” the two wondered as she reached them. She sighed in relief, “I’m so glad you’re back. I told him you were out to lunch ages ago.” They raised a curious eyebrow at her. “A Hidden Mist Shinobi has been waiting for you. He says he’s here looking for Miyuki.” She explained. “For me?” she asked in disbelief. Shizune nodded, “Yes. He’s at the Hokage Office door.” Kakashi then looked to Miyuki, “Something I should worry about?” he asked with a slightly raised eyebrow. She shook her head, “Not that I know about…”

The two reached the office door to see the red-haired man with fair skin, leaning over the wall across it in slight frustration. She was still holding Kakashi’s arm at the time. The ANBU-dressed Shinobi spotted their oncoming first and pushed off the wall excitedly, “Miyuki!” Her jaw dropped, speechless and in horror. He ran up to her, grabbing both her hands and leaving Kakashi to the side, much to their dismay. “I’m so glad I found you! I thought I’d have to report my reasons for being here to the Hokage first and beg him to help me, but here you are! Oh, my sweet-” She abruptly grabbed his collar and shoved his back against the near wall, “What are you doing here, Sen?” she asked, seemingly annoyed. Senichi smirked and then swiftly turned the tables, grabbing her arm and spinning her until he had the side of her face against the wall, “Why, I have some exciting news. I couldn’t wait to tell you about it, my dearest sweet tooth.” He whispered dangerously close to her ear. She grunted slightly in frustration before blowing the hair out her face from her position against the wall, “Could we not do this in front of the Hokage?”

Kakashi had watched the whole scene unfold and sweat-dropped, “Who is this guy?” he wondered aloud. “Huh? The Hokage?” Senichi wondered before abruptly letting her go.

While she caught her breath, Senichi bowed to Kakashi, “Distant nephew of the Fifth Mizukage, and ANBU Squad Captain, Senichi Terumi, Sir!” He greeted affirmatively. Kakashi frowned in disbelief, “Seriously?” Senichi relaxed, standing up and taking out a cigarette from his pocket. Kakashi watched as somehow, with his tongue, he managed to light one end of it with his saliva before turning it over and putting it in his mouth as he answered, “Well, of course… Oh, and I’m Miyuki’s boyfriend.”

Kakashi exclaimed in dread, “Wah!??”

Senichi was letting out a puff of smoke when abruptly, she came at him with a pumped-up fist and unleashed her wrath, sending him flying into the wall right beside Kakashi. The wall cracked all around his body. Sen stood in the rumble, twitching with a gaping mouth and fresh dent in the side of his left cheek, completely dumbfounded. Kakashi froze in fear, having barely missed being caught in the collision. Shizune ran up, “What the- Oh my!” she exclaimed as she saw it. Senichi was plastered into the busted wall. Miyuki stood panting and still in her launched-fist pose, “Mi-yu-ki…” Senichi drew out as he slid to the floor at Kakashi’s side. She stomped her foot down, “You just couldn’t help yourself, could you? And stop giving away your identity, you’re in the Interrogation Division for goodness sake.” She huffed, folding her arms and looking away.