26. Confused Feelings

*KAKASHI’S POINT OF VIEW*

A bright light hurt my eyes, and reluctantly, I began waking up from my deep sleep. I turned to my side to look at my table. ‘Wait. That’s not my table.’ I shot up, “Ah… my head.” I moaned as I held a hand over my eye and forehead. Then I spotted what was on the table. It was a tall glass of water, two pills, and a note on a page that stood folded in half, ‘Drink up, Old man.’ I sighed, recognising the writing, and lazily did just that. Once I finished drinking the pain relievers, it hit me, “Oh no… I remember everything!” I exclaimed in dread, thinking back to my last moments of being awake with Miyuki. I began to frantically look around for my Hokage over shirt, gloves and shoes. “I have to get back to the office!” I panicked.

Once dressed, I ran to the bathroom, thinking Miyuki was gone or asleep. I figured I’d apologise and thank her later, but for now, I needed to get out of here. I was not prepared for what happened next…

I flew open the bathroom door and stopped dead in my tracks. What stood in front of where I had hurled the previous night froze me. Standing, holding her tights up in front of her, was Miyuki. Her wet hair dripped down to the carpet. ‘Only in a towel…’ I realised. She quickly clutched to her wrapped chest with the tights still in hand. My face rose to new levels of uncomfortable sweat and heat. She whimpered as the horror began to show on her newly flustered cheeks. I tried to play it cool. I awkwardly managed to raise my hand up to wave. Sweat poured from all over my trembling body as I finally spoke up, “Uhm, hi?”

“Kakashi, get out!” she yelled, grabbing a boot from the bathroom floor and blindly flinging it towards me. It hit me right against the forehead. I fell back and hit the wall of the hallway. I slid down to sit on the floor, holding my aching head, “Ow…” I complained. Next, I was met with the door being shut in front of me. I flinched as she barked out from the other side, “I knew you were a pervert. But I thought you at least had the decency to be discreet!” She stomped. “I’m sorry. I was just in such a rush to get back to the office and-” She cut me off, “Well, if you took the time to go to the kitchen, you’d find a scroll from Shikamaru that accepts my plea to have him fill in for you while you recover!” She retorted. “What?” I asked, my awkwardness being taken aback. “Honestly, Kakashi what were you thinking!?” I sweat-dropped, letting out an awkward chuckle. “I wasn’t.” I confessed. “Clearly… Just go eat already!” She scolded. “Alright…” I replied, too afraid and embarrassed not to listen to her demands.

*MIYUKI’S POINT OF VIEW*

Tying my hair up at the mirror, it took me all my might to leave that bathroom door not feeling like I had suddenly gone see through! It wasn’t my fault there wasn’t a lock. I let out a heavy sigh, and being as dignified as possible, I walked to the kitchen. He had already finished breakfast, as well as the coffee I made him. Now he was just sitting in his chair... Staring at me. “I told Shikamaru you’d be off sick today.” He nodded, “I read his response. Arigato Miyuki.” He then abruptly flinched, averting his gaze. I felt my cheeks warm and looked away too, ‘Oh, please tell me he wasn’t trying to picture me naked...’ I worried in embarrassment. “Sorry about… Well, you know, earlier.” He coyly apologized. “It’s fine…” I responded, a little too flatly than I would've hoped.

Clearing my throat, I turned to look at him with a more relaxed demeanor, “It’s almost noon. I was busy getting ready to stop by at the flower shop while Ino’s on break. I promised her yesterday.” He nodded as he looked back at me, “Alright.” He replied. “So, what now? Do you want to rest here, or do you want me to walk you to your place? You have the whole day to yourself after all.” I explained. “I’d like to tag along with you. If you don’t mind, that is.” I smiled, “No, not at all. Freshen up, and I’ll meet you outside. You look like the walking dead.” I half-joked. He chuckled and did just that.