29. Accusations

*MIYUKI’S POINT OF VIEW*

Boruto had just woken up crying, while I was pacing around the living room worrying about Naruto’s assault on Kakashi. I shouldn’t be stressing over the old man, he deserves it after all. I couldn’t help it though. I didn’t want to be the cause of all this drama. It seemed drama loves clinging to me. I heard a knock on the door. “Would you mind getting it, Miyuki? It’s probably Naruto.” Hinata called from her bedroom. “Okay… I’m getting it…” I called back, stopping my pacing about and heading for the front door.

When I opened it however, it revealed a Shinobi I didn’t recognise, “Miyuki Haurutsuki. Your presence has been requested by the Sixth Hokage immediately.” He answered, a needle in between his teeth. I was taken aback, “Oh, now he wants to talk? Well, I hope we can have a civilized conversation.” I pouted, folding my arms and looking away. The brown-haired Shinobi glanced over me, “It’s with regards to your younger brother, Katsu Haurutsuki.” He replied. “What?” Worry washed over me as I relaxed my arms. I looked back inside the house, hearing Boruto calming in Hinata’s arms. I then looked back to the messenger Shinobi, “Take me to him.”

*KAKASHI’S POINT OF VIEW*

“Miyuki Haurutsuki, as you requested.” He bowed. “Thank you, Genma. You may leave.” I said. With that, he bowed again and left, allowing Miyuki to come in. I could already feel the pit of emptiness in my stomach. As if there was a distance so large between us, as dense as a concrete wall, preventing me from feeling her presence. I hated every moment of it. “Where’s Katsu? Is he back yet?” she asked, looking around the room. “He’s not here.” Tsunade answered beside me. “Lady Tsunade?” Miyuki quickly bowed, “Please, tell me he’s alright.” She added, raising her head. I was taken aback by the worry clouding her eyes. I narrowed mine in seriousness, ‘What does she know, that we don’t?’

“We don’t know where he is or what he’s doing at the moment.” Lady Tsunade answered. “What? What does that mean? Is he... Missing, Kakashi?” Her voice was full of hidden concern. She reluctantly met my eyes as I answered, “According to Lady Mei, he left the Hidden Mist Village the moment he found out you weren’t there.” I nonchalantly explained. “The Hidden Mist Village? What on earth was he doing there?” She asked in bafflement. “Visiting you.” She immediately sunk back into herself, biting down on her lips. ‘She knows something.’ I thought.

“Apparently you wrote him a letter saying you had taken ill. Katsu left halfway through the Science Expo to check on you.” I explained. Her head shook in disbelief, “Letter? What letter? I never wrote to Katsu about getting sick.” She replied. “Just like how you never told Lady Mei your reason for being her was to spend time with your brother?” I countered. She paused, and then sighed through her nose. I had caught her in a lie. “Look, I never sent Katsu a letter about any illness, alright…” She quietly explained, clutching her arm and averting her gaze. “But you did lie to the Mizukage about your reasons for needing three-weeks leave… On top of that, you lied to me about your reasons for coming to the Village. Which is a serious offense to both Kage and the Allied Shinobi forces.” I frankly stated. She looked up at me in disbelief, “Are you charging me with treason or something??”

“You’ve lied to the Mizukage and Hokage about your reasons for being here. No charges will need to be filed if they were not for treasoness acts.” Tsunade interrupted. “I can assure you, Lady Tsunade, that was not my intention.” She said with earnest. “Then what was the reason?” I insisted. “Its… complicated.” She said, averting her gaze. “Miyuki, why did you ask Naruto about Toneri Otsutski?” I sternly pressed, forcing her snap out of the trance she was letting herself escape into. “I… I didn’t want anybody to worry.” She timidly replied. I wasn’t going to accept that answer. “Did you know about Katsu’s encounter with Orochimaru?” I insisted. “Kakashi…” Tsunade mumbled through gritted teeth. Miyuki looked surprised, “Orochimaru?”