Dealing With Kane

I’m going to need more wine. I said that out loud as I grabbed the stem of my wine glass and emptied all its contents. Yes it was a little bit early to drink but who cared? Obviously not me, today was a good day and nothing would change the day.

I had a quick meeting with Greg he had all the information I need about Kane, I loved the dedication of Greg just one week and I had all the information I needed.

Meetings like this I would usually do them in my office building, I would never let Greg come home to brief me about any undercover cases don’t get me wrong; Greg would come by the house any day any time he wished we were good friends actually best friends but I didn’t trust all my workers with knowing I had a guy that did my dirty work.

Yes, I was my father’s daughter by the end of the day and his blood was flowing in me deep down in me and his ugly side I gladly inherited them.

That information was valuable to me I held it dear to my heart, I didn’t want to keep Greg waiting I quickly freshened up called my driver to give him a day off. Today I would drive myself to work I had missed sitting on the driver seat, I should do more driving often.

To my surprise, the odds were really on my side today zero traffic, the drive that would usually take me forty minutes took me only ten minutes. I thanked God.

As I got out of my reserved parking I saw Greg finding a parking spot, I chuckled I had arrived before Greg. I was always the late one in any meeting with Greg today he wouldn’t hear the end of it. I would nag him till death.

Greg softly touched me, I immediately bring me back to reality and like he read my thoughts he casually asked if was thinking of ways of tormenting me with your 2 seconds early arrival? I could help but laugh at the smirk he had on his face, “common fool wipe that ugly smirk of your face you look more of Frankenstein.”

We walked towards the elevator saying hello to a few of my managers and asking a few questions about the projects they were working on. I did this deliberately, Greg used to complain I was more of a rock when I was with people around me, he said that was the major reason I actually decided to be working from home and appearing around the office once in a while. No matter how hard I tried to deny this fact I knew it was all true I couldn’t lie to myself even when I wanted to.

The elevator bell chimed when we got to floor 40 where my office was, It had been 3 weeks since I stepped here but my personal assistant made sure to make the place look like I was always there. I am forever grateful to her. She wasn’t around when we got there; yes my working too I had sent her to run my errands and go to a couple of less important meetings to represent me. I trusted her so much I had known Mina for 8 years and she never did anything to make me question her trust and loyalty.

Down to business, this was a side that I didn’t let anyone know about it call it the secret life of Camille Collins only Greg knew about it because he has my partner in crime. Over the past ten years I’ve mastered the art of blackmail I literally became the queen of blackmail, Greg always by my side to dig up the dirt on my rivals, business partners and even some of my employees.

I look over the file that Greg hands me about Kane and I can’t help but give an evil smile. Greg hit the Jackpot with that dirty old secret old Kane has, to be fair I bet Kane didn’t think anyone would uncover that secret. Poor Kane you should have known I would have brought you to your knees.

I start imagining the shock on his face when I arrange a meeting between me and him.

I call my lawyers and tell them to draw a contract that would state Kane would supply his grapes for life to supplement my vineyard produce, at least I tell my lawyers to come up with a profitable interest return for the old man. The thing is I might be a monster but I had a piece of heart remaining in me so I wouldn’t give him a contract that he would not stand to gain anything. I knew the pain of starting a business and making it big.