The Mob and Martinez

Days had passed since mother was admitted in the hospital, everyone felt the pressure of the implications of going slow with the investigation of my father. The pressure Greg had was killing him but there was nothing could be done till my father was completely neutralized.

My businesses were going on smoothly, I was going to Scotland for an important meeting for my whiskey distillery business to meet up with the world’s best whiskey makers was one of my top bucket list for my business wishes. Nothing would stop this from happening having spent my whole life from looking forward to this day there would be nothing not even my estranged father.

My mother was in good care, protected by my own security personnel, yes the mob it was the best option if I wanted my mother alive and safe, the police department was not an option for me, Timothy had them in his payroll, my aunt despised my father for all what he had done there was no way she could tell him and as far as I was concerned they had never talked for more than fifteen years. That was good for me though it never stopped me from having the mob from sending their spies on her and my father. I was getting real time information on all their activities. That was the goodness of being a silent leader of the mob and financer of all their activities.

The relationship I had with the second largest mob was beneficial to both parties, me and them. They stood for the things I stood up for, my relationship with them had started way before I came to America. I had gone to school with them, they were my best friends. We used to hang out with them almost every day, Greg, Marion, Jacob and I. well that was before my father decided that home schooling was way better for the O’Brian’s heiress, but that did not stop us from having a very close friendship, of course Greg followed me to Oklahoma that’s how strong our friendship was.

Jacob and Marion were the leaders of the mob and when I reached out to them concerning my father’s activities they were more than willing to help me with it. Even though I was one of them they took this matter with the utmost importance they could ever take, this was not something we do but this was personal and a family matter and we were a family. Family was not necessarily a group of people that were related by blood that was a lesson I had learned years ago.

                                     ***************************

Timothy O’Brian

It has been three weeks since I last knew the whereabouts of Madison, I have practically looked for her everywhere. The police that I pay monthly have not been able to locate her, I look like a lunatic I’ve reached out to all mortuaries around here, I bet they think I am a crazy man who is just fascinated with Jane Doe’s, every hospital in the country tell me they have no person like that. Where did that woman go? I can’t even ask her family about her whereabouts that will force me to reveal what I know but what if someone notices that she is not here and start asking questions? This will come to bite me.

With the realization of this, the churning in my gut cannot stop. Why didn’t I listen to the man? He had clearly told me that this would go either way. I should have listened to him. But anyway as long as no one knew where she was and her body showed up later the only way I could make this play out in my favor was if I made a missing person report. I could make them back date it for me.

A quick call to the police commissioner and a report was made dated two weeks ago, I was at ease nothing would come after me. This called for a short vodka break then a call to Martinez to inquire about Beatrix activities and call it a day, I was deliberately avoiding the man at the moment. I didn’t trust him that much.

“Martinez you have not checked in with me for the last one month, what’s wrong?” I asked immediately she picked up. I was getting afraid that she might have decided to jump ship and waste all my plans.

“Tim, you know I got to be careful especially around your always annoying and demanding daughter, she rarely spends time with me making it so hard to know what’s new in her life and she is really spending time with Greg, not that it’s weird maybe they just decided that it was about time they had a relationship. You know her biological clock is ticking and you, my darling Timothy might not get any grandchild from her apart from the ones you already have from our sons.” Martinez said.

Her words pierced my heart like silver bullets on a werewolf. I could not allow her to have a relationship with that good for nothing Greg. I hated him and everything he stood for along with his family. The rivalry I had with his father could never be resolved. He was a son of my enemy. I wondered what Beatrix ever saw in him.

“Stop talking nonsense Martinez.” I barked “Tell me what’s really going on and don’t tell me about their relationship I don’t want to hear any of it.”

“Tim, there are no news here nothing of importance but if it’s a must you know, she is leaving for Scotland today. It has to do with her whiskey distillery. She is really moving on with her life despite the warning you sent to her. She takes that from you I see.”

“So she hasn’t mentioned her mother to you?” I ask hoping to get some news

“No. Is she supposed to mention anything?” she sounds surprised asking this. I hastily reply a no to her and give her a shady excuse. I tell her that Madison denies talking to her since she left and I was just hoping that she might have mentioned anything so that I can have my defense up when she denies again. I had not told her what I had done to Madison and how her body had not shown up in any hospital, mortuary and police radio. I could tell her everything she was a sworn enemy of Madison and that’s why it was so easy to convince her to go and work as my spy with a new identity.

                                             ***************************

A call came through it was Marion, my knees felt weak. Did anything happen to my mother? Did my father find her and send someone to finish what he started?

“Yes Marion, please tell me it’s not my mother. Tell me she is safe please.” I pleaded.

“Relax, Cami. No it’s not Mom, it’s Timothy.”