Cold Feet Warm Hearts

It had been four months since Ingrith and Rain tried to kill Maleficent. Everything from then, got so much better. Spark had turned six and was still a little hyperactive. The king did eventually pass away, but Harmony was still a little bundle of joy occupying most of Aurora and Phillip's time. Maleficent smiled more and began using the word love a lot more too. Diaval had to get over the fact that he was going to be getting used to his human form from now on. Everything was perfect.
             "EVERYTHING IS WRONG! Do it all over again then show me again later." Maleficent said as she shooed twelve castle servants out of her room. The twelve servants left with disappointed looks on their faces. Then Spark and Aurora came in, and Maleficent's face lit up. "Hello my little loves." Maleficent said as she stood and smiled to herself in a mirror. She was straightening her dress and kept combing through her hair with her fingers.
            "Hello godmother, how do you like it?" Aurora said as she spun around. She was wearing a pink dress with flowers that lined the neck and the bottom. The sleeves were white lace and the rest of the dress was solid silk. Aurora had her hair down and a few pink and white roses stuck in her hair. She had no shoes on but a white lace was wrapped around her ankle up to her calf.
            "It's beautiful Beastie." Maleficent said as her mouth gaped and her eyes grew wide. "I mean it, I truly love this." Maleficent said as she walked over to Aurora and circled her. She looked at the dress, and began to become more and more astonished.
            "Thank you godmother, the fairies made it." Aurora said as she smiled wide and blushed. Spark began to slowly twirl around and she smiled.
            "Ahem." Spark teased. Maleficent looked at her and Spark had her maple syrup hair curled and had white roses in her hair. She had a lavender, white ombre dress. The white started at the neckline and went all the way down to her bottom chest and the rest was lavender. The bottom part of the dress was designed like a tutu and she had white stockings on with shoes that matched her dress. Maleficent smiled at Spark and began to look at her dress.
        "It's gorgeous, my lovely Hybrid." Maleficent said as she leaned down and kissed Spark's forehead. Maleficent went back to the mirror to double check herself. She was wearing a white silk dress that was one size away from being skin tight. It exposed her back and the root of her wings. She had her hair down and put up in a bun with two strands of hair curled out on each side. She had a slit on the bottom of her dress that stopped on her lower thigh. She was wearing white heels that wrapped themselves around her ankle and stopped at her calves. She had her nails shaped to a point and they were painted white and designed with neon green cracks that made it look like the white was cracking off and turning into green. She had the horns at the end of her wings trimmed along with her head horns. She had her wings brushed and cleaned. Maleficent felt confident while she starred in the Mirror but felt insecure when she looked over to see Spark and Aurora staring at her. "What is it? Is there something missing?" Maleficent asked as she quickly looked back in the mirror.
         "No, we're staring at you because you're pretty." Spark said as she rushed over and blocked Maleficent's view of herself.
        "You really think so?" Maleficent asked as she tried to look past Spark. Aurora came over and placed a veil on Maleficent's head.
        "We know so." Aurora responded as she looked Maleficent in the eyes and smiled. Maleficent smiled back, then a servant came in.
       "My queen, Lady Spark, you both are needed in the courtyard." The servant said, she bowed and quickly left. Aurora and Spark hugged Maleficent and left. Before leaving Spark saw a white light, she looked at Maleficent who was strongly pulsing light blue aura light. The white light went away and Spark frowned and thought to herself.
      "You've come so far Aunt Mal, keep going." Spark thought, then she left.
      In another part of the castle, Diaval was looking in the mirror smiling to himself. He was adjusting his bow tie, he had a black bow tie to match his black tuxedo. He had his button up shirt unbuttoned down to the suit jacket, and he had on black shoes, and a white rose in his pocket. He thought about Maleficent. He smiled even wider then his smile fell into a frown. He thought about all the times she yelled at him, turned him into a dog, and all the times she lost her temper, he thought about all those years he spent as her servant and remained more of a servant to her than a friend. He began to wonder if all of this was a bad idea. Then Phillip came in followed by Jordan.
       "Diaval, you lucky bird, are you ready?" Phillip asked as he slapped a hand on Diaval's shoulder. Diaval nodded and faked a smile.
       "You caught yourself a woman that our men have been trying to catch for years." Jordan cleverly teased. Phillip gave Jordan a pity laugh and Diaval faked a laugh too.
       "Well, you look great and this day will be the best day of your life." Phillip said, as he gave Diaval a side hug. 
       "And the most memorable." Jordan said as he laid Diaval's hair back. Diaval began to smile again. "So you have to hope that everything goes perfectly because weddings are a big deal for women and if anything and I mean anything goes wrong Maleficent...let's just say isn't the one." Jordan said jokingly. Diaval began to sweat.
      "That's enough Jordan, we'll leave you to it Diaval." Phillip said as he slapped Jordan's chest and they both began to leave. As they were leaving neither of them noticed Spark coming from the other end of the hall. She planned to rush up behind them and surprise them, but when she rushed past Diaval's room a very strong feeling rushed over her and it wasn't good. She saw a white light, and when she looked at Diaval's door his light blue aura was so strong it was pulsing into the halls. Then the white light went away. Spark rushed to find Aurora.
        When Spark got to the courtyard there was a beautiful wedding arch covered in black and white flower petals over by the hedge bush fence, that had a very great view of the Moors. She saw a long white carpet leading up to it and velvet ropes on both sides, then there were thousands of chairs behind the ropes. On the other side of the courtyard there were food and drinks, even the large chocolate, vanilla cake Spark helped Maleficent and Diaval pick out. She saw Aurora looking at the beautiful work they accomplished. Spark rushed up to her, and pulled her down to her level.
          "Eeep!" Aurora shrieked, she looked over to see Spark and her face fell into a frown. "Spark! What has gotten into you?" Aurora asked with her voice filled with annoyance.
           "We have to calm Aunt Mal and Uncle Diaval down, or else neither of them will go through with…" she began to whisper, "all this." She said as she threw her hands in the air. Aurora looked at her with her eyes wide.
          "What do you mean?" Aurora asked.
          "Before we left Aunt Mal's room I had a vision and her aura was light blue and it was pulsing. Then on my way down here I walked past Uncle Diaval's room and his aura was light blue and it was pulsing hard." Spark tried to whisper. Aurora nodded.
          "You talk to Diaval and I'll talk to Aunt Mal." Aurora said, then she nodded, and stood up to her original height.
          "Ok." Spark said. They both rushed back into the castle.
          Aurora walked in to find Maleficent looking in the mirror with a slight frown and her eyes were glazed over.
          "Godmother!? what's wrong?" Aurora asked.
         "Nothing Beastie, it's just...none of this can be real." Maleficent said as she studied herself in the mirror.
        "Whatever do you mean?" Aurora asked.
       "All of this...the dress, the wedding, Diaval, Me! It just doesn't seem possible for any of this to be happening...especially to me." Maleficent said as she began to breathe deeply. Aurora laughed and Maleficent looked at her.
       "I'm sorry but Godmother, I know it's hard to believe but dreams can come true. This is happening and I say live in the moment." Aurora said as she threw her arm around Maleficent's shoulder. Maleficent began to smile.
        "Alright alright, I guess this is happening." Maleficent said as she smiled and she blushed and she held her hand to her forehead as if to stop a headache. 
       "Do you feel better now?" Aurora asked.
       "You know what I do, thank you Beastie." Maleficent said as she looked back to the mirror, she laid her hair down and began posing in the mirror. Aurora laughed then left. She snuck over to Diaval's room and waited on Spark.
       Spark was sitting next to Diaval who had his head buried in his hands.
      "Uncle Diaval, what's wrong?" Spark asked.
       "What's wrong? What's wrong is my Mistress is completely out of my league. Think about it, we didn't even have a good relationship. I was her servant, she was my mistress, when were we ever friends? Then knowing how short tempered she is this wedding has to be perfect and-" Diaval tried to explain, but Spark stopped him.
        "It would be perfect if you didn't think like that. The only thing that will ruin this wedding is you two. You have always been friends, you both just thought it was professional. Uncle Diaval, the thing is you got her to love you and you love her, so what is the big deal?" Spark asked. Diaval looked up at spark then at the mirror and smiled.
        "You always know what to say." Diaval said.
       "You're welcome." She said as she stood up and began to leave. Before leaving she blinked and saw a white light, she looked at Diaval and his aura was yellow. She blinked again and the white light went away. She smiled and then she left.
        Later that evening everyone from Ulstead and the Moors were gathered in the courtyard. There was classical music playing, and there were bright white lights beaming from behind the guests. Spark and Aurora were saying their last words to Maleficent.
       "Are you ready." Aurora asked Maleficent with a wide smile on her face. Maleficent nodded. Spark was sniffling and trying not to cry. She hugged Maleficent then blew her a kiss. Maleficent stopped herself from crying and smiled harder. Spark had to leave before everyone else because she was the flower girl. She stood at the doorway that lead from the hallway to the courtyard. When Maleficent and Aurora were standing behind her she began walking. She threw black and white rose petals, and made her way up to the wedding arch. Maleficent slowly made her way up to the Wedding arch following behind Spark. Maleficent had a huge smile on her face, she walked with confidence and held a bouquet of black roses. Aurora slowly trailed behind her, and eventually they both made it up to the wedding arch. Maleficent stood in front of Diaval, who was smiling at her. Phillip was Diaval's best man, Jordan was the other. Aurora and Spark were standing next to Maleficent and they were both bridesmaids. 
       A priest stood in front of everyone. He made sure everyone was settled in and he began the ceremony. After saying a few lines he said the one thing that determined the rest of the wedding.
       "Speak now or forever hold your peace." He said. Spark saw a white light and Jordan was objecting, he was trying to propose to Maleficent. The white light went away, Spark waved to get Phillip's attention. He saw her, and she pointed to her father and zipped her lips. Phillip pointed back to Jordan, Spark nodded.
      "If I may." Phillip said as he grabbed a rose from Maleficent's bouquet he shoved it in Jordan's mouth just as he was about to speak.
      "Now you may kiss the bride." The priest said. Maleficent and Diaval did just that, and everyone cheered.
      "Who would have thought." Thistlewit said, Maleficent playfully snapped her teeth at her. Everyone laughed, and continued the celebration.
      "I'm so proud of you both." Aurora said as she hugged them both.
      "My Aunt Mal and Uncle Diaval." Spark said as she squeezed herself between them. They both kissed both of her cheeks, and Aurora laughed.
      "It's probably way too late to be saying this but it needs to be said anyway." Maleficent started, Spark, Aurora, and Diaval stopped talking and smiled at her. "I love all three of you, and I truly mean it." She said as she smiled. Aurora kissed her forehead, Spark kissed her cheek, and Diaval kissed her on her lips.
       "It's never too late." Spark said.
       "Wise little Hybrid." Maleficent said as she ran her hand over Spark's hair. Spark saw Jordan sitting off to the side glaring at Diaval. She excused herself and walked over to him.
       "There are many friendly ladies that would love to be with you daddy." Spark said.
       "Really like who?" Jordan asked. Spark pointed over to a woman who was staring at Jordan, she was smiling and waving. She was human, she had dark brown hair, brown skin, green eyes, she had a thick body build and she had thick lips that kind of puckered. Jordan immediately walked over to her and they began talking. Spark smiled, and walked back over to Aurora, Maleficent and Diaval. They were mid conversation and were laughing. Soon the sun went down and there was a full moon overhead. Everyone left except for Jordan, his new friend, Aurora, Phillip, Harmony, Spark, Maleficent and Diaval. Jordan was sitting off to the side talking to his new friend and Aurora and Phillip were cuddling Harmony. Spark was watching Maleficent and Diaval enjoy the view of the Moors from the wedding arch. Then the wind began to blow. They looked over at one another and kissed, but then the wind loosened most of the flower petals and made them fall over Maleficent and Diaval as they kissed one another. Spark smiled and shook her head. 
         "Just like my vision." She said to herself. Then Aurora walked up behind Spark and laid her hand on her shoulder.
         "Those are our godparents, our Maleficent and Diaval." Aurora said as she watched them kiss.
         "I love 'em." Spark said as she began to tear up.
         "I do too." Aurora said.
         "But this has gone on far too long." Spark said, she snapped her fingers and a lavender lightning bolt struck the sky in front of Maleficent and Diaval. They stopped the kiss and looked over at Spark and smiled. Aurora and Spark laughed.