➪ 002 *

EDITED: 11/18/2020

EDITED: 11/18/2020

Defense Against The Dark Arts

The next morning, Sunny woke up earlier than usual, thanks to her pet toad jumping onto her sleeping body. Unable to fall back asleep, she decided to just stay awake and head to breakfast early.

Dressed in her usual Hufflepuff uniform, she made her way to the Great Hall. It was early, and so only a few students were awake. Some were eating breakfast tiredly, likely in the same situation at Sunny where they couldn't fall back asleep, and others were frantically trying to finish homework before classes began, dreading a detention.

Not yet seeing Lily at the Gryffindor table, Sunny sat down at the Hufflepuff table, grabbing an apple and slowly biting at it as she doodled in her sketchbook. It wasn't long before the redheaded Gryffindor girl wandered into the Great Hall, scanning the room for Sunny. Lily, seeing that Sunny had already made herself comfortable at the Hufflepuff table, made her way over and sat across from her. "Good morning, Sunny," She greeted happily, grabbing Sunny's attention.

"Hello, Lily," She said quietly as she put her sketchbook away, intending to give Lily her full attention. This was one of the few times anyone had sat with Sunny, and shown interest in being her friend, and she didn't want to mess it up.

"Did you sleep well?" Lily was putting some food onto her plate, and Sunny soon followed in her actions, finding herself hungrier than she thought.

"I slept decently," She admitted, "But my toad, Ace, decided to wake me up extra early this morning." Sunny smiled at this, loving her toad dearly, no matter how many times he decided to wake her up super early.

"You have a toad?" Lily hadn't met anyone at Hogwarts who had a toad yet, although they were one of the animals allowed by the school.

"I love frogs," Sunny told her as she ate, "Do you have any pets?"

Lily shook her head, "No, but I wish," Lily said, "My parents are muggles, so they were nervous about getting me any 'magic pets' as they said, no matter how many times I tried to tell them that they are just normal owls and cats and such." The two girls laugh softly at this.

"My mum is a muggleborn as well," Sunny told her, "She says the same things about her parents. They were freaked out as well."

"I'm glad to know it's not just my parents then," Lily smiled as they ate, "I saw you have a sketchbook, do you draw a lot?"