➪ 003 *

NOT EDITED

NOT EDITED

Gryffindors throw a hell of a party

Over the summer, Sunny had decided to take birthdays much more seriously. She heard her parents over the holiday whispering in the kitchen about the ever evolving rise of this dark wizard, and their anxious glances as they read the Daily Prophet. Something was coming, and it wasn't good. She tried not to think of any of her friends being lost in whatever was coming, but wanted to celebrate her friends' birthdays as much as she could before anything.

October 10th was Evanna's 16th birthday. She and Lily had managed to get her some presents for it, the two of them pitching in to get her some musical records. It was a Friday, which was perfect because Lily, Remus and her planned a surprise birthday for Evanna, and none of them were particularly keen on staying up all night and then having to go to classes the next day. It would take place in the Gryffindor common room after dinner that evening, and Sunny was quite nervous.

She had never been to a party before, much less a Gryffindor party. There were rumors that Gryffindor parties  were the most insane of all of them, but Sunny hadn't believed it before. Hufflepuffs, despite being stereotyped as being introverted and lame, threw amazing parties (of course, she never went to these parties, rather she sat in her bed trying to drown out the music so she could sleep). She wasn't sure how to act at a party, or how many people would be there. What if she was left alone? She wouldn't know what to do when left alone.

She tried to ignore these thoughts as she sat at dinner with Lily and Evanna. "I hope you're having a good birthday, Eve!" Lily said as they ate, "Lupin said that he has your present in the Gryffindor tower and that he wants to give it to you there. Something about it being 'too big to bring into the Great Hall'."  Evanna blushed at the mention of Remus. The two of them had been hanging out a lot more, much to Sunny's happiness.

Just a table away at the Gryffindor table, the Marauders were having a conversation that James thought was long overdue.

"How can I get Sunny back?"

James sighed out of relief when he heard Sirius ask this question. Finally, he was coming to his senses. The past month of school he had just been moving around, refusing to talk to anyone about how he felt about Sunny. "Maybe start by apologizing," Remus suggested as he poked at the potatoes on his plate, "That sounds good."

"I did, she said she didn't believe me," Sirius ran his hands through his hair in thought, "I told I would take Veritaserum to prove it to her but she still didn't believe me."

"Then just, take some Veritaserum," James said, like it was the most obvious thing in the world, "There's got to be some around here." Remus looked at him with a deadpan expression on his face.