➪ 000 *

NOT EDITED

NOT EDITED

Summertime Frustrations

Summertime for Sunny Morley was a blessing. She had spent the past month helping her mom remove the easels, paintings, and such from her painting room in order to turn into a nursery for the baby. She had moved all of her painting stuff into her bedroom, making a corner of her bedroom a little cramped, but it was manageable once she moved some other things around as well.

By the middle of August, Sunny's bedroom had transformed into her dream bedroom. An easel in the corner that would hold whatever painting she was working on, a desk that she would frequently be hunched over into the late hours of the night as she slowly sketched in the sketchbook that Lily had gotten her for her birthday (she also kept Ace's food on the desk, but he was free to hop around anywhere in the room), fresh flowers was a normal sight if you walked into her room, and above her desk was the group of photos she and Lily took.

Often during her late night sketching sessions she would stare up at the photos and smile, thinking of a time where she didn't worry about anything going on with Sirius Black.

She made a vow one of those nights. She was going into her fifth year, and she had OWLs approaching. She didn't want any distractions, and Sirius was a distraction. Therefore, no Sirius Black. He was the reason for so much stress and confusion last year, so why would she put herself through that again?

When August rolled around, Sunny had taken advantage of the warm weather and often enjoyed sitting outside reading in her backyard. Those were her plans for the day, at least they were until it decided to rain all day.

She stared outside the kitchen window at the backyard, and the swing she normally sat down being soaked by the rain that poured down from the sky. Her mother, now five months along in her pregnancy, sat at the kitchen table looking at different paint colors to paint the nursery.

She had chosen to wait until she gave birth to know the sex of the new Morley addition, but that didn't stop her from decorating the bedroom as much as she wanted to. Eleanor was just doing it in a gender-friendly way. "Okay, what about this color?" She held out a light yellow swatch towards her daughter, who was still staring out of the window and clearly not paying attention. She sighed, "Sunny," She said, "Are you okay?"

Sunny turned her head to look at Eleanor, "Uh, yeah, the yellow looks good," She said before turning back to stare out of the window. She wished she could sit outside and read under the warmth of the sun. Truly, if she could live under the sun for the rest of her life, she would not complain. It's very appropriate, given her name.