➪ 018 *

PARTLY EDITED: 11/20/2020

Cokeworth

Sitting in Lily's parents car, Sunny was amazed. She had never been in a car before, she normally just apparated or used the floo system to get around with her family. She looked around the car, her mouth slightly agape, Lily watching, clearly amused.

"You've never been in a car before, have you, Sun?" Lily asked.

"Oh, never," Sunny responded, "I love it though."

"So, Sunny," Lily's mother, Jane Evans, spoke from the front seat, "Lily has told us so much about you. Where do you live again?"

"I live in Godrics Hollow, it's really nice," She said, "It's mostly a wizard town."

Sunny found Jane Evans really nice, and she could see where Lily got her kindness and her red hair. Jane was very willing to answer any weird questions that Sunny had about the muggle world, and the 2 hour car ride went by pretty quickly once Charlie Evans turned on the muggle radio.

Lily would tell her about the music that would come onto the radio and tell her about the musicians and who they were, which Sunny found fascinating. As they pulled into the driveway, Lily gave her last warning, "And again, I am sorry about Petunia. She is not going to be the kindest."

"You shouldn't be too hard on your sister, Lily," Jane said, "She's just having a hard time understanding everything."

"Yeah, but she doesn't have to call me a freak," Lily frowned as she got out of the car, Sunny following in suit.

The two girls grabbed their bags from the trunk, bringing them inside the house. "Petunia! We're home!" Charlie announced as the group walked into the small home that held the Evans family, "Come say hi to your sister and her friend!"

"Welcome to our house, Sunny," Jane smiled at her, "Make yourself at home, and I'll start making dinner."

Lily grabbed Sunny's hand that wasn't holding her bag and dragged her upstairs to her bedroom, "Okay, so tomorrow I think we can get the camera and go to the park a few minutes away and just have fun!"

Sunny grinned, walking into her bedroom. She looked around, the walls of Lily's room being covered in posters of muggle celebrities and bands, on her desk was a record player and a radio. "Damn Lils," She said, "This is nice."

"Thank you, I work on it a lot during holidays," Lily said as she put her and Sunny's bag on the ground next to her dresser.