➪ 013 *

PARTLY EDITED: 11/20/2020

Godric's Hollow

Sunny Morley was now 15 years old and sitting on the Hogwarts Express, waiting for it to leave Hogsmeade station to take her back to her home for Christmas. She sat in an empty compartment, the new necklace around her neck while she read the book Remus gave her, laughing quietly every few minutes.

She tried to not think about the fact that she and Sirius almost kissed, not sure what to think of it.  She shook her head, getting rid of the thoughts in her head as she paid more attention to the book she was reading. "Sunny!" James' voice grabbed her attention from outside the compartment door, looking up she saw the four boys staring at her, "Come sit with us."

Sunny smiled at them, closing her book and putting it in her bag, standing as she grabbed her cage with Ace in it. She opened the compartment door, joining the Marauders. "Gladly," She said, purposely ignoring Sirius' eyes, following them as they walked to their compartment.

Getting into the compartment, she sat down next to Remus and across from James. "Have you ever actually sat with anyone before on the train, Sunny?" Remus asked.

Sunny thought for a moment before speaking, "One time first year on the train back from Christmas holiday with my roommate Evanna," She gulped, "Her friends aren't very kind. I didn't stay very long."

"Well, you're gonna ride with us from this year on, yeah?" James said, and Sunny nodded in agreement. "What is everyone doing for Christmas?"

Peter was the first to speak, "Me and my mum are going to Ireland to visit my grandparents," He said, obviously excited, "Christmas with them is always fun." Sunny smiled at him, happy to see the boy excited about something.

"I'm just staying home this year," Remus shrugged, "My family can't afford to go anywhere fancy right now."

"Same here," Sirius chimed in, "Except my family is just awful though."

James pushed Sirius a bit, "Don't worry mate, I'll make sure you to kidnap you this year," He said with a smile, "Sunny, what are you doing?"

Sunny looked up from her book, having pulled out her book a few minutes prior, "Oh, my grandparents are coming into town," She said, "And I'll get to see my mum, so that's nice."

Sirius stared at Sunny as she stared back down at her book, "Sunny, can I talk to you privately?" He asked suddenly, before he could stop himself. The girl looked at him over the top of the book, nodding as she placed it back in her bag. The two stood up, Sirius opening the compartment door for her. They stepped out, James and Remus sharing a look as they did so.