Royal Courting

Kongpob's POV

"You said WHAT?" Aim asked when I told them what I had told Arthit a few hours back, after a very satisfying time of tasting each other. I smiled at the memory of him moaning out my name as I ravished his delicious body again and again.

"You actually proposed a Royal Courting to Arthit?" Oak looked constipated as he struggled to hold his laughter in. What was so funny?

The Royal Courting consisted of 12 stages of the Prince or Princess Courting their Mate. Each stage had gifts to be given with specific meanings. And I fully intended to do this for Arthit.

"His family has to be invited right?" Bright asked.

I gritted my teeth, anger coursing through me when I recalled what Arthit had told me that morning.

"You had quite a strong heat Love... how long were you on heat suppressants?" I had asked.

Arthit, who was lying curled up against my body as I ran soothing circles on his back, muttered sleepily. "A few blood moons... since my father's death."

I was dumbstruck, my anger at his pathetic excuse of a family growing each passing second. I hated them for doing this to my Mate, and if I saw them I might wring their necks.

He had sensed my anger and tried to calm me down by saying that it was all okay, but it wasn't okay. It was dangerous for any omega to resist the heat for such a long time.

I shook my head to answer Bright. "I talked to Arthit. He doesn't want them here anymore than I do. He will pick a few people to act as his family."

They all nodded. But after some time, ...

"You won't be able to do it Kong... it's not possible for you!" Aim chuckled as he burst into a fit of laughter. I wondered how were they mocking me in my own private chambers. I was the Prince, for Lupa's sake! I was too lenient, hmmph.

I could also see Bright trying to stop his smile and Rome had already begun giggling behind Bright! "What is so hilarious, all of you? Why won't I be able to do it?"

Stopping his laughter with great difficulty, Oak said, "The Royal Courting states that you can't fool around with your mate. No touching, no kissing , no whatever. I don't think you will be able to do that."

I smiled smugly. Of course I had already thought of this point. "That's where Rome will help me. He can give me his tonics to subdue my urges, can't he? To control my pheromones? See, problem solved."

I looked at Rome and the guy was still giggling. When I glared at him, he stopped and said, "Your Highness, no tonic works when your mate is concerned."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, Prince, no tonic is of any use when mates are concerned. No tonic can help you to control your urges for your mate."

As I realised the implications of his words, I held my head in my hands, as everyone around me erupted in laughter, with Aim remarking something about how I should have paid better attention in health science classes.

They were right, keeping away from Arthit was impossible, especially because his lips were always begging to be kissed, his soft skin always calling out to me. I shook my head to stop my thoughts from becoming too indecent. I am doomed!