Distance

Demetre had disappeared after his little drowning session with me. After we finished, he finished ,the maid that previously brought me my food had released me. She walked to my room with me while I was a wet mess. My dress was completely ruined and all of my hair was sticking onto my neck. I was still heavily breathing.

Even the girl looked with pity at me. I looked back at her with curiosity.
'So how did you end up here ?'

Silence

'Hello ?'

Silence

'Are you going to answer me ?'

Still silence

We arrive at my room door. She quietly lets me in and I turn around to face her again.

'I need new clothes.'

She quikly nods and leaves. I hope she went to get me at least something to wear. This dress, from the gala, had been on me for so many days now. It didn't eveb look like a dress anymore. I thought about showering, but right now I couldn't do anything physically anymore.

My whole body is tired and limp but I still keep walking. As I am about to open the bathroom door, my knees give up on me. I fall onto the floor while my head hits the ground.

hard

I look up to the ceiling. My gaze is a mess, I bearly make out anything with my teary eyes. I was so damn tired of this, all of this. I just wanted to go back home, back to my mother. I needed my mom the most right now, right here. I needed her more then I did when she had just told me that she had cancer. I needed her more then when I had experienced something bad or sad. I needed her so much. But I would never feel her welcoming arms around me or her delicate soft voice again.

All because of him.

My eyes slowly close when suddenly I hear the door open. Thinking it was my made, I didn't say anything, I didn't have the energy to even get up. Instead I closed my eyes, a tear rolling down my cheeck. Then I feel a strong grip around my upper arm, pushing me into someone's warm chest. A strong pair of arms hold me up, my eyes open slowly, adjusting to those beautiful grey eyes.

'You can't even stay on your feet Luce ?'

'Maybe if you didn't drown me twelve times I could', I hiss back while my cold body makes contact with his hot one. I am uncontrollably shivering. Demetre noticed as well but he doesn't say anything about it. When I realise how intimate we are right now, I pull away from him. He furrows his eyebrows.

'Are you scared of me little Luce ?'

'If I say 'no' are you going to drown me again ?'

'Don't act like that.'

'Like what ?'

'Luce', I can feel him getting angry.

'Just don't fucking touch me.'

'Last time I checked, you didn't mind my touch', he smirks and I am even more disgusted.

'Last time I checked, you drowned me twelve times.'

He sighs in frustration and gets up. I also try getting up and weirdly succeed. He looks at me again to make sure I can stand straight. Then he proceeds to take a step closer to
me but I flinch and take a step back. I don't want to be near this psychopath.