22

Silent observations

……

Tamara stared at the board, her blank expression boring forward as the teacher scribbled wordings the female didn't quite comprehend properly. She wasn't paying attention really well, anyway, so.

The period was going all well, despite the teacher looking like a fucking mess. Tamara felt her eyes getting a little drowsy, her eye sockets slowly narrowing as she squinted. Struggling to keep herself awake in the class.

"Miss Roger. Tamara Roger!"

She blinked, her eyes going wide. "What-huh—I'm sorry-"
She mumbled out as she looked around, then at the teacher who stared back at her, with a glint of concern in his eyes. She blushed, the whole class had their eyes on her now. A few kids whispering to one another, which only increased the amount of shame in the girl.

"Please, Tamara, would you answer the last question?" the teacher asked, his voice was polite was firm.
"Which-" she began, looking down at her book, as her fingers slid down the page, trying to find that last particular question she was asked to answer. Licking her dry lips, she answered. "Uhm, the answer is B?" she answered randomly. Her voice slightly quivered, she was panicking inside her mind, since, well, she was caught in class dosing off. That was extremely embarrassing—And it would take a long time for her to get it over her head.

"Yes, correct. Can you give a berief explanation as to why your choice was B?"

"Uhh, I-"
Tamara internally screamed. Does she really have to explain why her answer choice was B?
Well, fuck. Tamara inhaled sharply, eyes glanced at the corner of the room, a few students still had their eyes wide open, staring directly at her. She looked back at the teacher. "It looked, accurate?"

The teacher pursed his lips into a thin line, shaking his head. "No, miss Tamara-"

Tamara frowned, balling up her fists tight on the table, all ready to face the humiliation she was going to get just because she let herself dose off for a few seconds. Her distractions were snapped, when she felt a note thrown at her, that landed right at her desk. Tamara hesitated, but quickly opened it to see the answer written on it with a shaky handwriting—as if someone hastily wrote this. What a mess.
But she thanked inside her mind to whoever that person was.
"Miss Roger, are listening to me?"

"Ah, uhm, well yes! I know the answer."

"Well?"

"I chose the choice B because the 3rd stanza from the poem is only 4 lines that only contain 2 figurative languages; simile and alliteration. But the first line in the 3rd stanza contains metaphor."

"Yes! Took you quite a long time to figure that out," the teacher beamed as he let out a hum, offering a gentle smile.

"Uh yeah--I uhm, kinda panicked for a second. Sorry."

The teacher nodded at her response, before flipping the next page of his book.
"Alright. Moving on to the next question." he began, as students flipped their pages along with the teacher.
Tamara sighed, her shoulders tense were now at ease.

"God, that was so fucking scary." she muttered under her breath, then looking back at the crumbled piece of sticky note that laid on it her desk. She glanced around, it took a while, but she was sure it must be someone from here. Soon enough her eyes met the one male she didn't really encounter with daily.

Huh?

Jian looked away immediately as soon as their eyes met. She was for sure confused. She cooked her brow but chose to shrug it off. Feeling a gentle hand squeeze her shoulder, Tamara whipped her head around to only come face to face with Ell. She had leaned in a little forward from her desk.
The void eyed female let out a quick: "What?" that was barely audible.

"Did you get the note?"

"What note—oh! So it was you?" Tamara realized, her previously narrowed eyes now wide.
"Well, duh."
Ell rolled her eyes, and Tamara smiled wide. "Oh my Lord, you saved my butt!" she whispered.
"Well, yeah, I did." Ell said back with a hushed tone, which was enough let the other girl hear.
She leaned away, her chair slightly creaking as she went back to her original position. "Let's talk later," Ell waved her hand. "After class, alright?"

Tamara nodded, mouthing an "Okay," before going back to looking at the board,then taking her usual notes and marking the right choice-based answers.

Though, she couldn't help but spare a glance at Jian who sat at the very corner of the room, the shadows seemed to swallow him well—since they basically camafluged him. She did notice that the latter had been keeping his eyes straight on the teacher, chewing his bottom lip in the process.

Is it like that?

Fucking

no

way.

Tamara thought, but her doubts just needed a confirmation. This isn't even my business. Why am I thinking about others shit? That was true, but—but this looked intresting, and pretty entertaining.

She shook her head, clearing out her mind by focusing back on her book, reading the questions and marking the answers and listening to the teacher explain some shitty poem.

……

Hi yes I exist and I did die—imma agree. But, but—I updated finally after like, what- a thousand years, huh? Haha anyway, good news! I'm continuing this book! But the updates are very slow, depending on whenever I open this dead ass account. Hope you enjoyed this chapter though. I know my writing style changed quite a little from the last time, but eh, bare with me?

Thanks for reading. I'm glad I can get to finish this book even though my updates will be uneven. :V