Day 0: Gay Panic in an Airport is Not Very Cash Money

As George boarded his plane, overnight bag clutched protectively under his arm, he could only excitedly remember the events that led up to the current moment, head feeling light and butterflies flittering madly in his stomach.

--------------------

The first event, almost two weeks ago, was during a casual call between his friends, Sapnap and Dream, after they coaxed him into taking a break from coding one of his and Dream's newest ideas. The call was filled with a playful and friendly air, laughs and giggles circulating between the trio, but it wasn't until Dream began a new conversation that the call turned memorable.

"Are you guys doing anything in two weeks?" Dream casually inquired.

"No, not that I'm aware of," Sapnap replied after a moment, followed by George replying with, "No, I'm free that week, why?" Both of them figured Dream wanted to record a video one of those days, but boy oh boy, were they wrong.

"Great! Do you want to come over to my house for the week then?"

Something akin to adrenaline shot through George's chest. Was Dream- Did he really-

"Oh, hell yeah!" Sapnap's enthusiastic answer snapped George back to reality before he completely lost himself in his mind, and George swallowed nervously.

"Wait, you're serious?"

"Of course, you idiot!" Dream laughed out, a wheeze interrupting his comments. "What, did you think I was going to ask you 'Hey wanna come over?' and then be all like 'Sike, get memed!'?" George remained silent for a few moments, his head spinning as he began to truly grasp the situation.

"I think that silence is a 'yes', Dream," Sapnap teased when he didn't answer, and George sputtered out to defend himself.

"No it does not!" His yell dropped to a more flustered voice. "I'm just really surprised. I thought you didn't want us to like, meet up IRL." The call inexplicitly fell silent for what felt like hours, but in reality was only a couple of seconds, and George was tempted to keel over and die, or make a noise similar to a dying seal, whichever came first.

"You're an idiot," was Dream's delayed response, an almost unnoticeable dip in his voice as it softened slightly, "an absolute idiot." The softness didn't last though, because his voice grew back into its naturally loud and playful tone as he continued. "Of course I want to meet you in person, George!" And once more, his voice dipped back into the prior faint softness as he finished what he had to say, speaking ironically confidently, "I'm just a little shy about it."

"It's true," Sapnap backed Dream up, "When we met up for the first time, I actually couldn't believe it was him because he looked so nervous!" Sapnap began chuckling at the last half of his sentence as he went through his memories. George suppressed a laugh with a "pfft-" as Dream dragged out an accusing "Whhhaaaaat?!"

"I wasn't that nervous, Sapnap!"

"You didn't even look me in the eyes for the first thirty minutes, Dream!"

George let his friends argue as he sat back and allowed the situation to fully settle on him, causing a large smile to spread on his face. He couldn't believe it. Excited began to build in his chest, causing a small release of butterflies in his stomach. He was finally going to meet his best friend in person.

Best friend.... A small prick of guilt muted part of his excitement. He was going to meet his best friend... the one he'd fallen in love with, against all odds.

A sigh almost escaped George as the prick started to grow. Would he have still been invited if Dream knew his true feelings? Would they still even be friends? Would Dream get uncomfortable?