Day 1: The Atmosphere in This Room is ASTRONOMICAL

(Note: Even though this chapter says "Day 1" and last chapter said "Day 0", these chapters take place in the same day.)

Dream was not sure what to feel when George met his eyes for the first time. It was partially due to nerves, but it also because of the way George looked at him.

He'd been watching George sweep across the terminal, analyzing the faces of the people he saw, until his gaze caught Dream's. His calm, slightly confused face froze, and relaxed into one of pure, unfiltered awe as his eyes swept from his eyes to his hair, across the curves of his face, and to his mouth that was settled in a small smile. Dream almost couldn't handle his gaze. It was powerful. And did nothing to help keep his feeling under the radar. He felt exposed, and for the first time, he felt okay about it.

But upon seeing the smile, George's face began to show confusion again, and Dream inwardly relaxed, wondering if the reaction was because he didn't realize who he was, which would be pretty funny.

He assumed that was correct after he saw more confusion take over George's expression as he noticed Dream still holding his phone to his ear, and watching it grow as he took notice of Dream's outfit. He knew he was correct when George pulled a face when he reached the crocs, and Dream quietly chuckled, feeling his smile grow. Jetlag must've gotten to him bad.

He watched George's eyes flicker back up to his face and blink, looking lost. Dream couldn't help but laugh again, though he tried his hardest to suppress it.

"Wh-" he heard George began on the phone, watching his mouth move, but interrupted, choosing to spare him from his confusion.

"Hey George," Dream greeted softly into the phone. As if it were a movie, he watched the confusion from his face evaporate and be replaced with pure shock.

"Dream?" Dream's smile grew into a grin. Finally, he figured it out. Dream opened his mouth slightly, about to suggest they hang up and greet each other like a normal pair of friends, but was caught completely off guard when an unreadable expression erupted in George's eyes and he muttered a breathless "Fuck."

"Awha-huh?" Dream sputtered, the confusion now landing on him, along with a hot flash of feeling flustered. "What do you mean, 'Fuck'?"

"Huh?" was George's dumbfounded reply, and he blinked a couple of times. The unreadable glint in his eyes rapidly faded. "What?"

"What do you mean, 'What'? You just looked at me and said 'Fuck'!" Dream laughed.

"Oh!" George nervously exclaimed. "You just kinda caught me off guard; Nobody told me you were absolutely gorgeous."

Both of them froze.

George began turning a bright shade of pink around his cheeks, looking slightly panicked at what he just said. Dream felt his own blush spread across cheeks and the bridge of his nose, expression akin to a deer caught in a pair of headlights as a truck barrels towards it.

"Uh, thanks," Dream eventually said after a few moments of silence. George cleared his throat and bobbed his head.

"I guess we can hang up now."

"Yeah." Dream ended the call on his phone at the same time George did, and despite the fog of some sort of tension growing between them, Dream strode across the remaining distance between them and enveloped George into a hug.

It became very apparent at that moment just how much there was a height difference between them when George's face was buried into the crook of Dream's neck and he laid his chin on the top of George's head, just above his ear. But that height distance felt just right, and they melted into the hug, the tension that was just around them dissolving like cotton candy throw into water. Dream gave a squeeze that was full-heartedly returned, and then they parted.