Why They Hate Dollar Tree

-Shout out to @outsidersandBTS4life For helping my actively workshop this idea!-

-Themes of Racism-

-Sept 2022 EDIT: I can't believe I slandered this entire company like this lmao-

"Where'd you get that?"

"Hmm?"

"What happened to your eye?"

Dick brushed his hair over the developing red bruise over his eye. "Nothing."

"I don't remember you getting that last night..." Bruce wasn't letting it go. "Did it happen at school? Did you get in a fight?"

"No. it was just, well, it happened while I was with the team."

Immidiately, Bruce was suspicious. His son came home a lot, injured and gushing about what happened at the mountain. "What Happened?"

"NO, it's not like that! The team didn't hurt me!"

Bruce gripped Dick's chin, held up his face and inspected his swollen eye. "Tell me what happened."

"Well, we were in town..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"-And If you wanna go walking, dear, It's Delightful, It's Delicious, It's DELOVELY!" Dick was skipping ahead of the group, singing to himself.

"Hey, let's get some snacks from Dollar tree!" Wally proposed.

"Most Wally thing I've ever heard." Artemis stated. "I'm banned from the Dollar Trees in Gotham."

"Why?" M'gann asked. She'd shapeshifted her skin caucasian since they were in public.

Artemis shrugged. "I used to shoplift there as a kid and got caught once." She could tell the others were judging her. "I didn't have money for food and My parents were... not around. Now I only encourage stealing from places like Chick-fil-A and Hobby Lobby."

"Why Hobby Lobby?" Wally wondered.

"They're Homophobic!" She exclaimed. "Same with Cracker Barrel and Urban Outfitters, except they're racist too!"

"Oof." He replied. "ROB! We're going into Dollar Tree!"

Dick stopped, half a block ahead of them. "No! let's go to the Grocery store, it's better."

Artemis gestured for him to come back. "Rob, we aren't rich."

"I'll pay!" He insisted.

She rolled her eyes. "Rob, You aren't rich!"

He opened his mouth to argue, but they'd already turned into the store. He sighed heavily and began walking back to the store front.

He shoved The door open. The only people in there were a manager, an employee, and a couple busy looking women in the seasonal aisle.

He wandered a few aisles over and found his team, looking for snacks. "What're we getting?" He eyed the employee, who was pretending to reorganize shelves nearby.

"We're still deciding." Conner stated.

Wally glanced between aisles. "Let's seperate. You guys find candy," He pointed at Kaldur, Dick, and Artemis. "We'll find chips."

So, the team seperated in half and started shopping. Artemis noticed the employee followed them. She wasn't even shoplifting this time, but she felt super nervous.