How, High Are The Kids

-yep, it's a SEQUEL!-

Batman was NOT impressed by the kids showing up, red eyed and doped up. "You're back. What happened?"

Wally jerked out of his daze to smile slightly. "Yea..."

"They're pretty far out." Dianah stated. "They inhaled a lot."

Bruce sighed and walked over to his son, the kid didn't seem scared like he usually did, he just looked up blankly. The kid was baked.

"Sorry." He said flatly.

Bruce lead him away from his friends. It was clear it wasn't their fault, but he still felt like the other kids were a bad influence. It may have been an accident, but he refused to trust them. "You won't touch marijuana again." He warned the tween.

"Do you think he smoked pot growing up?" Wally asked Artemis quietly. 

Artemis looked over at him."Oh, totally! He grew up in, what? The 70s? The 80s?"

"What did teenagers even do back then?" Wally asked "There were no cellphones or computers back then, what did they do?"

"They smoked pot and lived with undiagnosed anxiety, I imagine." Conner answered

M'gann wasn't sure. "I don't know, in hello Megan, almost everything takes place at the school." She gasped. "OH MY GOD, LOUIS AND DANNI WERE SMOKERS. I never realized!"

Kaldur thought for a second. "I believe cannibis was very popular in the 1970s."

"EXACTLY! He totally smoked!"

Artemis shook her head. "No, He strikes me as a 'do coke off the bathroom counter' kind-of kid."

"NO! Batman wouldn't do drugs." Dick exclaimed, breaking away from his father andhurrying over. His innocent, child brain not accepting anything they said.

"Why?" M'gann asked.

"He- He just wouldn't." Dick stomped his foot in protest. Bruce was too good for drugs, and would never have done anything.

The team didn't know how loud they were being. They had almost completely forgoten the adults were there. Although it was adorable that Dick blindly thought so well of his father, Bruce had to cut them off.

He pulled his son back from the others, protectively. "We'll discuss this later, I'm contacting your mentors."

The team exploded in objections.

"Wait, No!" Wally exclaimed. "I can't go home!"

"Please, we'll wait for the effects to wear off." Kaldur begged, coughing since his lungs were screwed up by the smoke (Remember, he grew up IN WATER).

"Ollie has seen me higher than this." Artemis stated. "I'm a good actor." It a split second, she looked sober again. 

"Whoa." Dick gaped. "How'd you do that?!?"

"Practice." The visually-sober girl stated.

Bruce lead his kid over to Dianah and dropped him. "I'm going to contact your mentors. Stay put."

"Wait, Batman- Batman-" Dick exclaimed as he tried to leave. "Sorry. Don't be mad at me."

"We'll talk about this at home." He stated. He didn't blame Dick... but the kid needed a good talking to about drugs, just in case.

Dick sat on the floor and beckoned his friends over. They settled down together to wait, chatting. 

"I've neverver smoked before." Wally stumbled over his words a bit, Artemis teasing anyone who fell into that trap.

"That much is clear." She laughed. "But damn... that was some good shit. I wonder who his dealer is."

Kaldur blinked. "Artemis, that's what we were supposed to find out."

They laughed half-heartedly, all saying things to the affect of: 'That's why we arrested him'.

They're conversation was mostly just the same things, rephrased several times; punctuated by games of Stella Stella Ola. They found the games extremely entertaining, literally laughing as a unit at the end of every round. Eventually, someone put on music and they silently jammed for a bit.

Eventually Dianah got herself something to drink, watching from afar. She thought these kids were easily entertained when they were sober. These kids were amused by making eyecontact! It was almost funny, watching six kids completely taken up by listening to Sweet Caroline.

"TOUCHING ME.... TOUCHING YOU..... SWEET CAROLINE!"

"BUH BUH BUHH!"

The kids were so excited by the chorus it was likr watching a trainwreck. These obnoxious, loud, teenagers cooperating better than they ever did sober. If they were always high, they'd have a lot less mid-mission fights. Then again, if they were always high, they'd run into diffent problems.

The kids turned as the first of their mentors arrived; Arthur and Oliver, the latter had been dealing with something (A robbery) when he got the call.

"Hi." Artemis flipped back into full sober mode.

"Artemis?"

"Yeah?" She asked innocently. "What?"

"What did you do?" Oliver did not trust her innocent act.

Aquaman approached his protégé with similer questions. "Batman called me in, what happened?"

Kaldur tried to explain. "During our mission we accidently inhaled large ammounts of... cannibis." He tried to explain it seriously, but it was hard since the two mentors found their situation highly amusing.

"You're all high?" Oliver asked, trying not to laugh.

"Yes." Artemis stated.

"Even little robin?"

Dick crossed his arms defiently. "Especially little Robin!" He pouted.

The kids, including Dick, broke into laughter. They were interupted by Batman returning. "Go back with them." He ordered. Kaldur andArtemis got up, dusted themselves off, and followed their mentors out. The remaining kids played High-uno for about ten minutes, until Barry showed up to take Wally home.

With Conner and M'gann strolling off on each other's arms to 'shower', Bruce could finally take Dick home.

The thirteen year old drowsily followed him through the zetabeam. He wanted to take the worlds longest nap at this point. She kid was quiet now that he wasn't around his friends. 

"Dick, I want you to go straight to bed." The kid nodded sleepily. "We'll talk about it in the morning, but never touch marijuana again."

Dick shrugged. "Okay, I can't promise that." 

At least he was honest. 

-my recent parts haven't been doing so well. I want to improve, but don't know how/ what you want to read. Any feedback is appreciated-